or Connect

Posts by loveandgarbage

Good luck to you and baby www and many uplifting, healthy, happy, positive thoughts <3.   Also WOW you all can do some delicious cooking. I also love to cook (it's very zen for me) but haven't been doing it as much as I would like. DH currently has shingles (ouch!) so I've been pulling all the weight around here and dinner has mostly consisted of plain noodles. And maybe some carrot sticks. 
Thanks for posting, kb. Totally have a couple of those pouches in the pantry!!   As for the holidays, we'll be giving Lou more presents than we did with our other two (from santa) because the older kids will wonder why santa shafted Lou if he only gets like one thing! I'm thinking of a new set of blocks (plan toys has some fun ones), some new board books, maybe a giant play cube if I can find a good deal, and stocking stuffers might be.... a soft toy and some food? Haha....
I'm sorry kellybeth. That must feel crappy :(. My guess is that she also knows you're parenting styles are different and is maybe distancing from you because of that. Also did you take that test ;)
buko, I never had a play yard like that, but in certain houses it might be worth it. I've always just used gates to section off a "safe room" (usually the living room). I think it also depends on the temperament of the child-- some will happily be contained but others will *know* they are being contained, and even if that space is filled with the most magical/engaging toys, they will HATE it. DS2 was like that-- we couldn't even section off a room without him *knowing* and...
How old is your baby now? 8.5 months     How is feeding going? Are you introducing solids or EBF? He really loves food so we're just going for it when it's convenient, but not every day. I bought some purees so they boys could feed him, but Lou just grabs the spoon out of their hands!   How is sleep going? Not great. The first tooth is currently trying to peek through, so that's why!     How about those teeth? And what's your go-to teething remedy? See above...
Lou seems like he's trying to wean as well--- but just during the day! At night he's perfectly happy to be latched on all night. So tired! 
I'm just going to be lazy and buy a costume for Lou at babiesrus. I'm already making the kids' costumes (with grandma's help!) and the thought of trying to make a outfit for baby that's practical/comfy is too overwhelming. I'm going to hit up a thrift store first, just to check, but they're probably cleared out by now!
Yay for poop! 
Here's a link to a growth chart for breastfed babies, if you haven't looked at one yet: http://kellymom.com/health/growth/growthcharts/   I haven't had to personally deal with low-weight gain babies (mine are the opposite-- one ped told me I was nursing DS1 too much and that I was making him diabetic because he was so chubby) but I know moms who have. It's not uncommon at all for breastfed babies to gain slower after 6 months as HoP said! Hope you get it all figured out...
My first had a slight tongue-tie and my third had a more average (?) tongue-tie. For this current little one I decided not to snip (hadn't heard of the laser treatment, wow!) and it was a good decision for us and we had a OT work with him. From what I've heard, many tongue-tied babies develop normal tongues later on. My oldest certainly did and DS2 is on his way there. Nursing is no longer super painful and he's gaining weight regularly. I don't think you should be too...