or Connect

Posts by loveandgarbage

I'm in the camp of CANDY. It's Halloween, it's a special day, why not? If parents don't want their kids to consume candy they usually don't take them trick-or-treating! I always hand out yummy earth lollipops because they're free of most allergens and don't have artificial dyes or flavors. However, we have a Halloween party every year and I serve healthy-ish snacks and favors to balance it out. Each of the kids will take home a goody bag of spider rings, spooky tattoos,...
Echoing tropicana, you are the one who can legally make the decision. If you don't want it, don't do it. Sure, it may cause friction in your relationship, but hopefully your partner will eventually see the light. You are the mom, you grew this child, you will birth this child, and you are the boss. Men can choose to support decisions you make but you make the decisions. 
Feeling better today thank goodness! Still haven't figured out what Lou will be for Halloween. I never dress up but we might do a joint costume. We have a Halloween party every year for my kids' friends so I feel like Lou needs to dress up, too! Of course the first thing that came to mind was Rosemary and devil baby but that would probably confuse/scare the kids. 
Thanks mama! It helps to know I'm not alone in this as all of my IRL nursing mama friends seem to not be affected this way. Not that I would wish this on them, or you! One thing that works magic is Sambucol elderberry syrup. I chugged a bottle of it daily last winter when I was 39/40 weeks pregnant and both older kids came down with that dreaded weeklong influenza. I didn't get it! But I was also out a ton of money as it's $15/pop. If I was rich I'd drink it everyday....
My weekend was sort of the pits :(. Came down with two back-to-back stomach/flu viruses and the second one still has me feeling so run down. Luckily today is DH's day off, so I get to mostly lie around and ignore my responsibilities. I actually posted a thread about this in the breastfeeding section, but does anyone else feel like their immune system doesn't work when they're BFing? For me I know it has to do with low vit D and lack of sleep. I just can't, mentally or...
Hey all. Anyone else have immune issues when nursing, like getting sick all the time? The sickest I've ever been was when DS2 was nursing (during those two winter seasons I was sick with something new every week, no exaggeration). And I seem to be going in that direction currently too, with nursling #3. In the past 10 days I've had three separate stomach bugs. And the week before that was a bad cold. I'm thinking this is linked to lack of sleep and low vitamin D. I've been...
Oddly I'm less hungry this time while nursing than I was during my other nursing relationships. I HAVE to eat breakfast right when I get up, but that's the only time I'm overtaken by hunger. Lou isn't even eating that much in the way of solid food and def not every day, so who knows. Any other mamas of 1+ who are less hungry this time around? I more have to remind myself to snack/eat because I'll start to feel shaky or get a headache. I was the hungriest with my first...
For awhile we had the cat water/food up on the counter and will have do to that again shortly! The litter box is in the basement.
Haha, it would be nice to move right into normal poop!   Lou also tried some cheese yesterday but it hasn't worked itself out yet. 
Well hang in there, sgsnyder. I hope it gets easier for your family. DH and I also on and off struggle with depression/anxiety stuff. It's a hard road for sure. Something that's helped us is realizing we cannot for whatever reason go into a dark place when we're dealing with the kids. It's just not happening in this house. I have my sad thoughts at 2am but other than that I keep it together. Mostly!