or Connect

Posts by tausborn

ktmama, What you have said makes a lot of sense. It has always bothered me that my lawyer doesn't do anything. As far as a parenting plan goes, all I have is the standard custody order... and my lawyer never mentions that I EVEN could write out a parenting plan that included this kind of detail. How would I go about getting a mediator? What level of detail do I document? Every time I call and don't get an answer? Every little attempt to communicate? ...
Hi all, Starting the 5th week of summer visitation, so only 2 weeks left. I did have the girls last weekend. It was glorious, wonderful, amazing. They didn't want to go back. I spoke to Alex about it; I have told her in the past about the Law and the Judge, (who decides stuff when people get "not married"). I told her that the Judge had said she was to spent more time with her father during the summer, and that was what we had to do. I don't want her to...
Hi all, My daughters are into their third week with their dad. I call every other day (which my lawyer gave her blessing... god forbid I should overstep the bounds of whatever my lawyer thinks is appropriate). They never answer my calls. He has a house cell phone, a personal cell phone, and a phone at work. None of the phones are ever answered when I call. I will leave a message that I want to say hi to the girls, and when it suites him, he lets the older one call...
Thank you for your replies and support. I meant to ask: Should I take her to her psych a lot before the summer visitation and try to get something documented now? I guess, obviously, I should... He will feel free to say whatever he wants until we finally have a breakthrough with the psychologist and can document something. If I don't push now... I can't do anything. Then again, since the divorce is in progress and he is currently extremely hostile, it's possible...
I am getting divorced. I have two little girls, aged 5 and 2. On May 21st, my soon to be X (stbx) gets them for 6 weeks this summer. Here is what my 5 yo told me that he has said to her: "Your mother is a fucking bitch." "I'm not happy and it's all your mother's fault. Everything is your mother's fault." "You go into the living room and make a mess all over the floor. You don't have to pick up after yourself." (while on the phone with her) "Next time you get mad...
I went to court... and Yes, you should dress nicely. But that covers a wide range of options. Yes, the lawyers and the judges wear suites. I would expect a business man to show up in a suite. But, if you are a homemaker, or work at a casual job, there is no reason to go out and get a suit for civil court. I wore black slacks, black heeled shoes (that I wear with jeans too, not pumps), and a blouse. There were a few women in dresses and hose... but that was clearly...
Just a little different perspective. I have this habit too. Yes, I'm an adult (36) and one of my little habits is picking at my lips. It all started when I got an injury on my mouth as a child which left a little scar. I have many times in the past gone too far with it ... of course, being female, I could always just put lipstick on to cover it up. At times of great stress, I can get really bad. I have never been able to break this habit. I have only been able to...
I don't think it is anything to worry about. This is the age that children role play and pretend play things that they think adults do, things that they think their favorite superheroes do, things that their friends say people do. They explore all facets of life via play. He is probably just wondering about shooting and bullets and blood and death, not to sound morbid or anything.... My daughter also explored death in pretend play at 4.5 yo. She would have a barbie...
I had your exact situation for a while... the little baby wouldn't go to bed until 3:00 am and the big girl got up at 8:00 am. It was horrible and I was a zombie. Both of my babies were late night babies. Yes, until 3:00 am or even 4:00 am. The only thing that changed their bedtime was getting them up at 7-8 am and no naps allowed after 6 pm. They are still late night babies, but nowadays that means after 10:00 pm. Have your husband take the kids somewhere in...
My daughter was partially potty trained from 2.5 to 4 yo. As late as 3 yrs 9 months, she was still "partial." But, by the time she was hit 4 yo, she suddenly became completely potty trained. So, I would say sit back and don't worry about it. Of course, that is hard to do when you feel like everyone is judging your mothering skills by the age at which your daughter is potty trained. Sheesh, what a wonderful world we live in! My daughter is still not nighttime safe. ...