or Connect

Posts by Xerxella

adiejan - I've never heard of an overall 75% IVF success rate. Can I ask what clinic you're working with? I think they may have over represented themselves to you. The best clinic in the US is CCRM and for women under 35 with the best possible outcome their pregnancy rate is 70%. https://www.sartcorsonline.com/rptCSR_PublicMultYear.aspx?ClinicPKID=1902 A clinic is considered good if it's pregnancy rate is above 40%. I don't know if Canada has an equivalent reporting...
Mulsa - Welcome!!!!! Maybe to cut down on trips you could do a stimulated cycle with timed intercourse instead. They could give you shots and maybe monitor you locally like they did for the clomid and femera cycles and then you wouldn't have to travel for the IUI. Just a thought. Tracy - A stimulated IUI is basically a regular IUI. The other side is a natural IUI where they just let your body do it's thing and then do the IUI. I plan on being on almost the same dose...
How long do your cycles usually run?
Tracy- I haven't heard of Wellman supplements. What's in them? Adiejan- What are the clinics success rates with that plan over an IUI? It doesn't sound like it's much different. I thought most minimal stim ivfs got one or 2 embryos per cycle and would do multiple cycles while freezing all they got. And then put back the one or two best with an FET. Laggie- I'm super excited for your cycle!!!! I can't wait to hear the fertilization report today. How many eggs did they...
Sourire- we could, but there are always risks. We would have to thaw, biopsy and revitrify. Anything could go wrong at any one of those steps. It seems to make sense to try everything else first and when I'm out of time (some point in my early 40's) to just put them back one at a time. Either they'll work or they won't. The PGD check will be my uterus. :P It doesn't bode we'll that we put back 3 and only 1 stuck and it was abnormal, but its not in the least bit...
AAM : I'll come back for personals, but I wanted to share my D&C results. So I was wrong on all accounts. It was a profoundly genetically abnormal female. Triploidy of maternal origin. 69XXX. There are some rare cases of recurrent triploidy of maternal origin, but there's no way to know if that's me from this one set of results. I learned triploidy occurs in 2% of all miscarriages across all ages. AMA is NOT a factor in triploidy. So what does this mean going forward? ...
julieven - When do you do your day 3 testing? adiejen - What exactly are you doing for your mini IVF cycle? Are you doing freeze alls? How much meds? (If you don't mind me asking....) Also, I did lots of good fats like avocado during my IVF cycles which turned out pretty well considering. (3 blasts with the 1st cycle, 4 with the second and 3 good embryos with the third. We froze the first 7 blasts and put back the 3 in this last cycle.) toothfairy- Good luck in the...
I never liked the lying thing. So, mostly I've avoided the topic. I simply say, "Well, I've never seen anyone come down the chimney. I don't see how that would be possible." Or, "I've heard that, but I'm not sure if I believe that." Or, whatever else is appropriate. The kids usually fill me in on what somebody else tells them and then I turn it back on them with a "What do you think?" I don't want to lie to them and I don't want to take away a need they may have to...
Wow! This thread took off. I'll try to start a new one every season. (Hopefully, I'll be successful long before then). hayhurst - What are your next steps? Just taking some time to try to figure it out? Sourire - I follow your blog sometimes and I'm rooting you on! Laggie - It sounds like everything is moving along perfectly! A triple stripe is what they look for. It's a sign of a good lining. I'm so excited for your trip to Greece!!!! Will they be doing a 3...
Monkey- Good luck!!! Are you doing anything this cycle? to everyone else. It's nice to see new faces. I'll try to keep a new thread every season. I don't think I'll try to have a master list of everyone. I think it's too hard to keep up with. But if anyone else wants to they should. AFM - I had the embryoscopy and d&c yesterday. It went fine. I had a moment on the table before the anesthesia hit in where I just lost it, but other than that I'm doing pretty good. It...