or Connect

Posts by Xerxella

@ilovemykiddos - I think it really depends on how much money you want to spend. Testing the embryos (PGD or CCS) is very expensive. It's in the $5000 range. And, it doesn't increase your chances any. I just decreases your chance of a miscarriage. For instance, say you do IVF and get 4 blastocysts. Option 1: Put back 2 and freeze the other 2 for a frozen embryo transfer in another cycle. Option 2: Test all 4 and freeze them all. (The testing takes too long for a...
I know you guys have been just waiting for this info, but I got EWCM tonight!!!!!!! So exciting!!
Shelley - I would guess that your cousin has already tried to put back a number of chromosonally normal embryos and had miscarriages. So, right now, I would guess, that the docs have no idea why she is miscarrying. Either she has an unknown uterine problem that is causimg her body to reject good embryos or there's something else fundamentally wrong with the embryos. There is some belief that some embryos might have a mitrocondrial deficiency. Only 60-75% of chromosonally...
That is SO unacceptable. I'm sorry that they left you on tender hooks. That is seriously bad form. Of course, call first thing in the morning and tell them you'll hold until you get an answer. (But, obviously, I tend to be pushy like that). I'm sorry they left you hanging. Why don't you just test now and have DH look at it? You'd know today anyways....
AAARRRGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! Well call them!
tifga - I'm stalking this thread waiting for results!!!!
tifga - You're pregnant girlfriend! Now stick, baby, stick! And be healthy!!!!! ilovemykiddos - That's the question isn't it? Only you and your DH can decide what to do. Here's a nice list of the top IVF clinics in the LA area: http://losangelesfertilitydocs.com/report/Los-Angeles/women-38-40/data.html You'd have to call around for pricing. I know IVF isn't what you're thinking about, but I would think a clinic that has good stats in IVF will have good stats...
Absolutely not! I spotted with both my healthy pregnancies and everything was great. I would consider progesterone supplements if you're not already on them. (((hugs))) Hang in there!Tracy Amber - I wouldn't pay for the database now. I think you're right. In 20 years or so, if the child wants to find her it won't be hard. Keep all your medical records for your child and they should be able to find her if they want to. I wouldn't assume they'd want to either. I...
tifga - That's awesome! I can't believe you won't take an HPT! That's impossible for me! Will you take one tomorrow before the blood test? I couldn't imagine not knowing what the nurse was going to say when she calls. Kewpie - Wow! You'll be done with BCP tomorrow! That's awesome! In 2 weeks you'll be looking at retrieval. Time really has flown by. NaturallyMo - Of course, you should probably get one more in, but if you don't that's ok, too. You know you got...
I'm glad it all worked out. Good for you being assertive and getting what you needed!