or Connect

Posts by Xerxella

Quote: Originally Posted by LionessMom DD2 just turned a year old and i am starting to feel like i am pushing my luck. lol. i am vigilantly checking my cf for any signs of fertility. anybody got some encouraging words for a mama who does not want to catch the first pp egg? lol. Yeah that first egg is tough. But, know that you'll "probably" have a short luteal phase the first time around. At least I know I do. But, to be on the safe side we...
I'll lie easily if the situation's right.
Actually, after going to the CDC website, maybe it's a good thing that non-vaxers just refuse to answer. It lets the CDC think that 99% of people are vaxing. http://www.cdc.gov/media/pressrel/2010/r100916.htm I wouldn't want them to think it's a problem and then throw a lot of money and resources and pressure at us to get us to vax.
Quote: Originally Posted by heathergirl67 It sounds pretty normal to me, like what they've been doing for a while now. Here's an example of stats that they compiled by getting responses from people like you: http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/mm5936a2.htm. In the intro they describe how they got their results: I think the reason that they contact the vaccination providers is to verify things, since a parent's memory can be faulty. They can't...
Quote: Originally Posted by FillingMyQuiver Actually, in many states that only offer medical or religious exemptions, it DOES have to be so black and white. If your child is going to attend public school, it's all or nothing in those states, no selectivity. Of course, as many people know, you can find religion at any point and anywhere.
My 3 yo is reforming. I think it helps that his little sister will eat everything in front of her. Sometimes all I have to do to get him to eat is say, well then I'll give it to Genna. Then he at least tries it. Sometimes he'll still say she can have it. Also, we just keep having our normal menu. I dont let him eat anything special, but i do make sure there's something at the table that I know he'll like. He's slowly starting to try the things we're eating. ...
I am a huge fan of the Secret of Parenting. When my child does any of those type of actions, I stop cross my arms and stare at him with the raised eyebrows. I can hold that pose for a long time. In the beginning I would have to tell him what the problem was (We do not throw food on the floor, please get down and pick it up, right now.) Then the, "NOOOOO, I don't want to" or "It just slipped out of my hand" or "YOU pick it up" begins. Then I just continue to stand...
I found a lot of good info in the Dr. sears Vaccine book. It's actually a pro-vaccine book, but he really talks about the dangers of each vaccine and the dangers of the diseases. For me, it was then easy to see that the known risks of the vaccines far out weighed the known risks of getting the diseases. Plus, the book is a super easy read.
Thanks everybody. I guess I just have to accept it as one of those things kids do. I wish he'd ask the questions when the people are out of earshot, it just feels uncomfortable for me to talk about people like that. I try to smile and kinda shrug at the people. It's good to know he's not the only one. No other kid I know seems to ask SO many questions about everything he sees. I like it, I want to encourage it, so I have to accept that it's not always on my timing.
So, my DS is about 3.5 and he talks all the time. Alot of his questions/comments are naturally about things he sees. But, it somehow feels wrong when he says in earshot of the people, "Mommy, why's that guy running?" (it's a jogger) or "Ma, those people have THREE dogs" or "Mommy, why are those people carrying that bag?" or "Mom, that lady has a baby just like Genna." There just discussion points. He's not pointing out anything scially inappropriate or awkward or...