or Connect

Posts by KatSG

Hello, women! Sorry I was MIA for so long. So glad to see more people have joined us!   We're now about 1/3 through the new month of this new year. They say it takes 30 days to develop a new habit. I'm not sure this change that we're all moving toward can be called a habit. Maybe a collection of new habits? It feels to me like it will take a lot more than 30 days to get myself to the point where I feel like I'm on top of my meal planning (lunches are a big struggle...
Woohoo! So great to see all of you here and plugging away, one day at a time, on your goals. Today I heard a quote that said we may not get much done in a day but we can get a lot done in a year. That made sense to me. If I keep doing what I'm doing it may not feel all that significant come bedtime but I really feel that by this time next year my life will be so much better, especially healthwise.   So, quickly:   I added up my food in a food calculator last...
Sparklett: I'm GF because I'm likely celiac, which means I have a genetic intolerance to gluten. A good chunk of my mom's side is celiac, including my brother, who also has MS. When I eat gluten I get bloated and my brain shuts down. It's also the likely culprit of the numbness in my extremeties.    One of my office-mates also has PCOS, is going to start trying to get PG soon, and started eating a GF diet and she said her cycles returned to normal and she feels so...
Hello, women!   It's so great to see more of you join us!   namaste_mom: I love your declarative language. I can relate to all the things you said, especially that part about estate planning. We are really stumped on that one. We don't have siblings or close relatives that could care for our kids if something were to happen to us. We worry about this constantly. We did get a lot of help from a financial advisor from Ameriprise. She really does her own thing, so...
WOOHOO!   I'm so excited to see all of you are in this with me. I so need the support of spirited, committed women. Have any of you read The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin?  If you know the book you know that she will often say, "Studies show..." Which I love about her--she's so thorough in her research. Anyway, "studies show" that when you declare your intentions to your community you're more likely to stay on track, or get back on track if you get off. I'm so...
Hello, Mamas!   It's been a long time since I was here at Mothering. Today as I searched through my old web haunts for a fitness support group I grew more disillusioned the more I looked. Most of the sites appeared to have lost all the good members and moderators, were cluttered with annoying ads, and just lacking any real sense of integrity and community. I knew Mothering had gone through a lot of changes since the last time I was here but I can see it's still the...
Hi, there, I don't have MS but my brother does. I have something that looks like MS but no lesions. The neuro just shrugs and says, "Maybe a virus!" Yeah. Helpful! This new research just came out about CCSVI and I'm trying to get caught up. They say that people with MS have a vascular abnormality that leads to blockages and allowing things to cross the BBB. Since I have circulatory issues and low BP I'm interested in seeing if it applies to me....
MamaMen, I'm sorry to hear you're having such a hard time. I remember that feeling. Four years later and I'm still on the plan. I tend to be really anxious and feel stuck when I get overwhelmed. I take: Tyrosine, 500 mg in am, 1000 mg at night [My advice: get it WITHOUT B6. Too much B6 can cause nerve damage.] 5-HTP at night (can't remember dosage, but one pill) Cal/Mag at night, it calms your muscles GABA at night; this is KEY for a good night's sleep for me I also eat...
LilMamiBella: You just had a baby (right?). It took me 2 years plus weaning before I got everything back. It's just a slow time. Perhaps ask DH to do some more gentle initiation and see if you can go with that. If you're holding back resentment and that's why you're not DTD, that's a whole other conversation.
Yay! I came back to mothering.com just for this program! I lost lots of weight 2 years ago after my dd was born and was in great shape. I've (mostly) overcome some health issues this year and I'm ready to be strong again. My strategy is to ride my bike to work and take a longer route, since the direct route is only about 10 minutes away. I may also walk my girls to school in our double stroller, even though they are 5.75 & 3. We'll see if they're game. It's such a GREAT...