or Connect

Posts by 15yrsbetweenboys

Well, I am a change when wet sorta gal, and my lil man has been going through 19-20 a day.....I have to wash every night to prepare for the next day and it is a real PITA to not have enough............I would agree with PP that 36 is a good number for a newborn, but it would still mean washing every day.
drat-my secret is out LOL-I have been using glue sticks for years one suggestion though, be sure to not overdo the glue, and allow adequate dry time before sewing or you will gum up your machine :0 don't ask how I know LOL
hmm, Riley hates tummy time-but is getting better since he is wanting to roll now-he hasn't actually rolled all the way over-but his lower body gets over and he is hung up on his elbow LOL. He is SO big, he doubled his birth weight by 9 weeks, and was 16+ the last time he was weighed (nearly a month ago) so he is close to 20lbs now and is so darn long-he has already outgrown his infant carseat (feet hanging off the end-head at the top OY). He reaches for things and...
Hiya! I still drop in from time to time-and now I even have a new bum to diaper My lil Harley is 4 already so I was sad to be out of the game too-but now my new lil boy is happily wearing cloth. I have to admit, I am a prefold fan myself (but I prefer the indians).
well, you need to use detergent IMO-you have to strip the oils out of the fibers on new prefolds..........
I am with you on it-I think they suck LOL-but to each her own I guess. Of course, if she is a newbie to CDing then those will NOT make a good impression and could cause her to stop CDing-so perhaps in the best interest of cloth you could try to "educate" her about some better options...
just wanted to chime in here-I think you will find that there is very little (or no) odor issue with cloth pads-at least in my experience. The disposable pads stink though-and I guess we all get used to that smell and expect the cloth to stink too-but it doesn't
well-I just wanted to chime in to point out a couple of things.... first-I think if you really sit down and think about "why" you wouldn't buy used underwear for yourself, you will realize that the reasoning has alot (or everything) to do with sex. And once you acknowledge that-you also have to consider that babies are NOT sexual beings (yet) and there is a big difference between adult underwear and diapers. Also, when you consider price difference-adult undies...
even with absolutely NO detergent your washing machine should have never left any poop on the diapers??? Sounds like your machine isn't working properly to me...
I just throw it in the pail, so far I have had no stains and it washes out just beautifully. I do a cold wash first to remove "protein" from the diapers (and mama pads too-which wash with the diapers here) and never an issue