or Connect

Posts by Mom2Ian

I'm looking for ideas for my 2 y.o. DS as well so I'm subbing. I just got a book to help with this in the mail today that looks like it will be good - Seven Times the Sun -Guiding your child through the rhythms of the day by Shea Darian. I haven't started it yet however. Just thought I'd pass it along
With my son, I didn't want it, but forgot to inform them and was too out of it after 36 hours of labor to speak up in enough time when I realized they were giving him the shot. Like some others have said, I was going to have it done only in the instance of bruising, but there was none.
I'm relatively new to Waldorf and have a 2 year old boy. Although I know the Waldorf community is not "homogenous" and families will differ somewhat on their view of the philosophy and the implementation of it - I wanted to ask how everyone feels about colors, particularly in their home. Before DS was born (and before I had read anything about Waldorf/Steiner etc) we painted a farm scene mural on his wall. We live in an old farmhouse and this just seemed to fit. I...
subbing
I just joined a gym and take my (almost) 2 year old to the children's room. I was very nervous at first too - I'm a SAHM and he very rarely is even babysat by family - and I only trust two people in our family at this age. Anyway, I checked it out and made the leap and I have to say it is one of the best decisions I've made for us. DS loves it and asks to go to the gym every day now. He does a lot of running around in there (they have a big outdoor-type playhouse...
I'm so thrilled I found this thread...I was actually thinking of starting to do yoga with my almost 2 year old tomorrow. I figured he would be curious and try to do the things that I'm doing. I'm hoping that it can be something that we enjoy together. I recently purchased the "My Daddy is a Pretzel" book, but I haven't read it yet. Subbing
I haven't read all of the replies, but I have a (almost) 20 month old son who still takes one nap in the afternoon. He sleeps in a crib (his choice - he has always slept better in there and likes it) and if I know he's tired but having some trouble winding down I will put him in there with some books or a few toys to play with in addition to his bottle. He usually "reads" to himself or plays for a little while (10 minutes or less) and then lays down when he's ready and...
Quote: Originally Posted by Wugmama Before I had my 3rd baby who has all the food allergies, I age a lot of tortillas w/melted cheese. I remember frequently dumping all the left overs off my toddler's plates unto a tortilla, sprinkling cheese on it, and putting it in the microwave for myself. My dh would be so grossed out lol.~Tracy Just had to say laughup I save everything (no matter how small) that isn't on an individual's plate (still in...
Quote: Originally Posted by rere Ok I just searched and found someone who used an old tractor tire. This is what we are going to do (we live on a working farm). DH had one of these growing up and loved it. Don't know how we are going to cover it just yet though, but DH is handy so I know he'll think of something...
We (dh and I) are a bit different b/c we have an only, DS by choice. We intended to have only one, then after he was 6 months old or so, entertained possibly having another but we finally decided against it for a number of personal reasons, none of them medical as I had no trouble getting pregnant, carrying or birthing our completely healthy DS. The main reason that I decided to have an only is because I thought that we (and especially I, since I struggle with...