or Connect

Posts by Robinna

Just wanted to add that at the breech conference this past week one of the speakers asked the audience "How many of you have seen a primip's baby flip to breech during labour" and at least 10 hands went up. This can and does happen despite the "reputation" of term babies of not turning over one way or the other. The test would be - if you lay your baby on her back with no diaper, does she automatically lift her feet up to by her head? If she does, she was breech for a...
ONE GREAT CONFERENCE - TWO VERY SPECIAL EVENTS Birth, a Play by Karen Brody This remount of the Three Sisters Theatre Company production of Karen Brody's acclaimed play Birth will take place one night only - Thursday, October 15, at 8:00pm at The Bronson Centre in Ottawa, 211 Bronson Avenue. Tickets are $20 in advance, $25 at the door (special pricing for students/seniors and conference attendees). Cash only at the door please. For more information or advance...
ONE GREAT CONFERENCE - TWO VERY SPECIAL EVENTS Birth, a Play by Karen Brody This remount of the Three Sisters Theatre Company production of Karen Brody's acclaimed play Birth will take place one night only - Thursday, October 15, at 8:00pm at The Bronson Centre in Ottawa, 211 Bronson Avenue. Tickets are $20 in advance, $25 at the door (special pricing for students/seniors and conference attendees). Cash only at the door please. For more information or...
That would depend entirely on whether i had a CP with "catching" skills. If i was not going to be threatened with c/s for breech, I wouldn't much care, because I personally don't think there's any real problem with breech presentation that isn't iatrogenic (yes there are risks but I think if you have a truly hands off provider attending you then the risks are not enormously increased over vertex). And even with "conventional" breech management, the risks are at the same...
thinking of you, mama. xo
I have the same problem. Chiro is a huge help. Like, huge. there's also a great book, I actually lent it to my chiro and don't remember the precise title but it's by Cecile Rost and is called something like curing chronic pelvic pain. I bought it from Amazon. It has exercises etc. that you can do to get stronger so your muscles start holding your bones in place better. xo robin
Hi everybody! As a fundraiser for the Breech Conference, CBB and Three Sisters Theatre Company is putting up a production of Karen Brody's "Birth" at the Amphitheatre of St. Paul's University on Main Street (right across from The Green Door). The show runs Friday - Sunday, 7:30 each night, plus a matinee at 2:30 on Saturday. A Red Tent will be held at St. Paul's from 5-7 on Saturday as well. The show tells the true birth stories of eight modern women and really...
Quote: Originally Posted by Mamatoabunch I don't feel for the dr. either. I would refuse the c/s, let him figure it out. It isn't your job to have a c/s b/c his insurance does not cover breech. ITA. His insurance is not your problem. If his insurance is not reasonable, he should bloody well be lobbying for change. If he isn't, then you certainly aren't in any way obliged to support his lack of action on that front by letting insurance dictate...
Early bird rates expire in the next couple of days, register for the Breech Birth Conference now at www.breechbirth.ca/Conference.html The high-profile line-up of speakers includes world-acclaimed obstetricians, midwives, researchers and others who have assisted women and tirelessly defended their right to vaginal breech delivery. Invited experts hail from Canada, the United States, Germany, Australia and the United Kingdom. Special guests include the legendary American...
Early bird rates expire in the next couple of days, register for the Breech Birth Conference now at www.breechbirth.ca/Conference.html The high-profile line-up of speakers includes world-acclaimed obstetricians, midwives, researchers and others who have assisted women and tirelessly defended their right to vaginal breech delivery. Invited experts hail from Canada, the United States, Germany, Australia and the United Kingdom. Special guests include the legendary American...