or Connect

Posts by hkitty

oh god. I was recently on a dating website (I'm not dating but I'm trying to get used to the whole online thing) and absolutely amazed at how many men were listed as separated. And wanting someone to wipe their butts, I mean wanting "committed relationships." Like WTF? But hey - if it works for your benefit, then go with it!
Why was this thread un-stickied? I can't tell you how many time I have returned to it over the last year. This one and also the "Why I love being a single mama."
Thank you, gr!
gr - how does that work in your asset division deal? You can sell your house and put all that into a new place but have to come up with half of the original sale by the time DD is 18? Or is gets half of your new place when it sells? Confused here. Question about that too - my agreement gives him half of proceeds when the house sells but he pays half of all repairs to home while I'm in it. My question is what if I pay off this house myself in 10 years or something (we...
OMG - my stbx is the same way! He used to totally bitch about how "dirty" the house was. Mind you, most of my friends ask how I keep it so clean! But stbx wanted the windows clean and windowsills - ridiculous things. Now his place is a complete pig sty - complete! And it's much easier to keep the house picked up without his clothes and stacks of bills and papers everywhere. I'm also digging myself out of debt - not a surprise to me. I knew he had a problem with this...
Mine says the does. His place is a comple pigsty. I actually feel badly for my girls when they visit with all the piled up bills, junk mail, dirty laundry, clean laundry still jumbled up in the basket, old food in the fridge. Yuck.
Yes, counseling - for you so you can figure out why you want to stay with a man who cheated on you when you were at your most vulnerable as pg and a newborn mama and what you want to do for yourself and your child. With a baby that young, the courts don't always do every other weekend. The recc. in my state is that the non-custodial parent come and visit for a couple of hours at a time. No overnights and certainly not every other weekend. As for child support,...
Hi! I'm sure you're strongly considering all your options but don't hold out hope that everything will be so much better if he could just control his anger. DV is a really deep issue and so much of it is about respect and attitude towards women, not just anger control. I live in Florida and love it. I think you have to figure out how important the ocean is to you. I can't imagine living without it but I know some like mountains better, hiking, etc.
To be deeply honest, there were many, many times I regretted having my second DD in her first year or two of life. I was in deep depression and struggling so much with my marriage and A-hole husband and I often thought that if I hadn't had her, then none of this would be happening. Now on the other side of depression and 6 months into living on my own, I'm so, so grateful that I have her. She is like a huge light in my life, so, so precious. She's still difficult, aka...
meemee, that was so beautiful. I've been separated 6 months now (divorce not final yet - still going on) and wonder when I'll want to date. I have no interest right now - none. I do get lonely sometimes too, usually when my girls are at their Dad's house, but not all the time. It's a hard feeling to have. But I remember how lonely I felt when I was married too - much more lonely b/c the expectation was there that I wouldn't be. And trash day - I took out the trash all...