or Connect

Posts by patrickq

I'm in the UK now, but would much rather have dental work done in Thailand. The best places all speak perfect English. If anyone is considering this possibility do some research online and you'll find lots of recommendations of good dentists, check the expat forums like thaivisa. Also great for (private) hospitals, I'd be far happier there than in the UK.
Not going to read all the way through this thread, but sure there are a few posts wondering how anyone could choose not to brush their teeth.   Just thought I'd post about a good friend of mine, in his 40s now, who rarely brushes his teeth. He received the recommendation from a dentist when a teenager, I believe. He has never had a filling and no his mouth doesn't smell and his teeth are white. He's by no means a vegan or anything, but does prefer eating home...
Amy,   Thanks for replying. I'll have to do it the slow way then, just want to be able to read a 40 page thread at my leisure offline.   I don't envy you the task of having to change over such a massive forum.   Have a fab Christmas and New Year,   Patrick
Does the new format not allow a thread to be easily printed?   I haven't been on for a while and see that things have changed. I found this reply, which I guess refers to the old forum style:   In any thread, click thread tools at the top right. A popup menu appears. Show printable version is an option. Click that and then you can use your browser to print from there.   Not so keen on this one, a few glitches and slow, although it 'looks' fresh.   Still,...
Not sure if you're only after a detergent, but when we were washing cotton diapers/nappies a year ago we would soak them in a pail with a solution of water and Hydrogen peroxide (H2O2) for a few hours, then wash at 40 degrees with minimal amount of detergent, no need for a hot wash as the H2O2 is much better at killing bacteria. I can't really help with suppliers in the US, as we were in Thailand at the time, used to get H2O2 from a swimming pool supplier and had to...
Quote: Originally Posted by cristeen There's a reason that the women on this board support and suggest eating only grass-fed/pastured animals/animal products. Animals that are not fed an unnatural diet of soy/corn and pumped full of antibiotics and growth hormone. And as for the fruit... that is a gross generalization. Other than possibly the generalization that most Americans eat too much processed food, generalizations don't really work. If I...
Quote: Originally Posted by BLB I... I do worry about her getting enough nutrients if I don't give her milk. This is where the dairy and meat industries win big time, make parents fearful that they aren't giving their children sufficient nutrition, be that calcium, protein or whatever and that the safe answer is to give them milk or meat! It's strange, because these are the worst things that one can give one's kids, not least because of the...
Just wanted to say I'm hugely elated to read so many comments saying that cow's milk is not a good/necessary route to take I hope your little one is breastfeeding more now, our son is approaching 2 years old and still breastfeeds frequently, there have been moments of seeming to be less interested, so I know how sad that can be for Mama and even for me! I think that lack of interest could be due to a lot of things ... teething (even if not yet visible), emotional events...
Quote: Originally Posted by Pachamama I was excited to discover this free online summit happening the 22nd - 30th. Speakers include - Susun Weed, Byron Katie, Jean Liedloff, Victoria Boutenko, David Wolfe, and many more. "The Raw Mom Summit brings together more than 30 of the world's leading alternative health experts, pioneers in the raw food movement, passionate mothers and thousands of women who are seeking the very best information for building...
2 oz in one go sounds great, looks as if you've got a natural. The weight just piles on initially, even with just breastfeeding, I think it's by 4 months the weight doubles, then it slows way down. It's incredible when you consider what happens, can you imagine oneself growing at that speed now! Glad to hear things are working out.