or Connect

Posts by murphysaangel

Hi there, I was referred to Neurogistics(.com) by my midwife a few years ago, but since I was pg and the bf'ing, I never considered it until now. I was on Lexapro after DS2 was born, and I really, really want to get off it as soon as possible. I'm really hoping that this will work, because I HaTE taking meds and I don't even think it's working at this point. I've felt like crap for a while now and it's getting worse. I'm super depressed and anxious all the time and my...
Hiya I am in green two which is technically in Sussex, but we have family in Hackettstown and we're almost always there. We moved here in September and I'm still feeling my way around, but I'm pretty happy with all the natural and like-minded people I've encountered. We've started going to Holistic Family Healthcare in Hackettstown, there is a great natural market, and enough natural and organic foods in the bigger supermarkets to keep me and my family happy. The kids...
Yeah totally...Randy Bleiwass in Pomona! He is so awesome. My husband and I used him for a period of time before we were married to sort through some issues, and I definitely think we wouldn't have made it if it wasn't for Randy. He's definitely down to earth and to the point. Hope that helps! http://harbor-crest.com/
Hiya. I just moved into the same area (I'm also in Andover) so I'm looking for new friends too . I have two boys, ages 1 and 2.5. I'd definitely love a mommy-partner-in-crime to do some area-exploring, woods wandering, fun-shop-finding, and the like. I also don't vaccinate, and the daycare my kids to go a few days a week was totally fine with it. They just needed a quick letter explaining your religious exemption to give to the state inspectors when they come by, but...
Hi all.. We are in the process of moving to Andover in Sussex county, and I'm also starting to plan for my son's 1st birthday in September, but I am really not familiar with the area. I'd like to have it somewhere that is kid friendly but not too cheesy, since this will also serve as his naming ceremony, so I'd like to keep it a bit classy too. Are there any nice parks nearby with a pavilion or shelter of some sort? Or a kid-friendly museum that rents out space? ...
I'd also highly recommend Anne Margolis if home birth is an option for you. But if you're doing the hospital thing, check out Hudson Valley Hospital in Cortland Manor. It's right over the Bear Mtn Bridge. I used the midwives/obs at Hudson Valley OB/gyn, and while the mw's are great, the ob's there weren't as impressive. I interviewed the midwives at Hudson River Health Care and I liked them a lot, and I liked their policies better, but couldn't use them because they...
I used Anne Margolis in Suffern and lover her - http://www.imamidwives.com/ I have also worked with Jessica Lawlor who's in Sussex NJ but does hb's in our area - she's amazing, too. http://www.newjerseyhomebirth.com/ I'd definitely recommend meeting both and seeing who you're most comfortable with. They're both very easy to work with and friendly. I've used both and would use them both again. Feel free to PM me if you want more info. good luck! Meghan
You could also speak to Jessica Lawlor who's a hb mw in the area - I know at times she will act as a doula in hospital settings.
Wow, that is such a wealth of great information, thank you SO much! Can't wait for the move and I'll def check out the HMN there. M
Oh and if anyone knows anything about any classes in the area, like for sewing, pottery, stuff like that (for adults) that would be HUGE. thanks!