or Connect

Posts by winterlights08

Quote: Originally Posted by vancouverlori Little baby steps... Could you find some basic volunteer work that you could do from home in the evenings? Doing something for others (other than your regular family duties) can be helpful in helping you feel a bit better. Maybe something simple, like taking an elderly neighbour's dog for a walk a couple evenings a week or something. Ideally something that puts you into contact with others, but you can ease...
Quote: Originally Posted by liliaceae It's so awful that it takes so long to get help! Do you think you could handle just hanging out with one other mama and her kids? Maybe you could post in your local finding your tribe forum and set up a playdate. It does sound like getting out of the house would be the best thing for you, what about just going to the park or a playground? I'm sorry I don't know much about social anxiety so I don't know if that's...
Well had my intake appointment, finally, after a month or so of waiting. It was just a bunch of questions and me answering in between my crying and trying to control my daughter. I couldn't get an appointment with the actual psychiatrist until the beginning of September but I do have two counseling sessions set up starting end of July. Thank you everyone for your advice and kind words. I keep thinking "this is just a bad day", but I'm finding that I'm thinking that...
Quote: Originally Posted by liliaceae How are you doing Mama? Do you have any other family you can talk to you? Have you talked to your mother about how you feel? Maybe she could help you make some calls. Hi, I'm hanging in there. I have an appointment scheduled (finally) for the end of June, which seems ages away but I feel a tiny bit better knowing it's there. My husband and I took a little trip over the weekend with our daughter and I felt...
I'm trying so hard to get help, but it's like it's not meant to be or something. I've gotten to the point where I just can't live like this anymore. It's not fair to my children, my husband, or myself. It's going to be a very long life if I don't get better. I've been depressed for years--I was treated a few years ago towards the end of my first marriage but I had to stop seeing my doctor and stop the medication because I lost my insurance. And for a short time I thought I...
Thank you everyone for your support . I did go to church on Easter and I'm very happy I did. My oldest daughter (14) went with me, and I think she may have enjoyed it also (after the "what am I going to wear?! drama). I wasn't made to feel uncomfortable and after 8 years in Catholic school--well, you never forget how to ride a bike . I plan on going back this Sunday, I just felt really good afterwards and there's no reason for me to not go. Thanks again!
I don't know where to start...a bit about myself...I went to Catholic school for 1st-8th grade. My mother has always said that if the public schools were better I would have went to PS instead, and she really doesn't feel that it did me any good . After my sister and I graduated, she started only going to church occasionally, and now I don't even think she goes apparently because of her work schedule and because our church now only offers Spanish mass So what I'm saying,...
Here's my story: I've been divorced for four years now, and I've been in a committed relationship for 3 1/2 years now with a new love : After my divorce, I never went back to using my maiden name. Mostly because it's a pretty awful last name, but also for my children's sake. My new partner and I do have plans on marrying, and we share a daughter, but because of life circumstances (unemployment and generally being too broke to even have a simple ceremony/party/rings), we...