or Connect

Posts by Clarity

So nice to see your name! I am just visiting again too, I just went and checked to see HOW long and I haven't been a regular poster since '05. I thought I'd come check out the state of things. :)
I had this happen just the other day...I rinsed them in a sink that had been cleaned with a spray containing bleach. That's what I get for having it in the house where other people can find it! I have done the same thing to clothes waiting in a pile by the washing machine. When the hose pumps out the water into the utility sink it can mist, spray or splash. So when I wash something with an oxybleach powder, it can make marks on the waiting clothes. It took me a long time...
Old thread, but another recommendation for Greenbelt Nursery School. (for next year, there's space for 2.5 - 3.5 year olds it looks like.) We also like Friends Community School. Quaker, but those values (peace, simplicity, etc.) are ok with me, and they're not pushy about the religion aspect. Silent meditation, not bible study. http://www.friendscommunityschool.org
Maybe you could talk to them...you might not qualify for aid right now, but if your DH were laid off they might have a contingency fund to help you complete the year. Our preschool does. Some endowments are large, some are small. Our elementary school doesn't give as much aid as some equivalent but more well established schools in the area. Does the preschool program have aftercare? Or another parent who could provide afternoon care? maybe you can see how your daughter is...
A young friend's parents are at a loss to help their daughter with some class problems. She keeps losing points in class for forgetting her to put her name on her paper on tests and in class work, and she often forgets to hand in completed homework from her folder. It's a big math class, 29, teaching 2 levels at once. Her dad observed and she's easily distracted in class, her longest uninterrupted attention for like 2.5 minutes. He's prone to treat this with...
target's in stock calculation is not 100% in my experience. My best guess? Some of us will get our seats, and a few will not - they probably show a few more in the system than they'll actually have to ship. I only bought one but I was excited to have something really wonderful to donate at the holidays and make another mom really happy.
I meant to reply before and say, with this particular recipe I have had batches last as long as 8 months depending on use. Perhaps you packaged it too warm and the condensation contributed to mold?
What about ones the raise the most money from outside the school community? We're at a small private school and a co-op preschool and both parent groups get called on pretty often. We need to add a fundraiser or two where the bulk of the money earned comes from the outside the school community - and money, not catalog awards, etc....
I use a similar cream of tartar based recipe, but the proportions seem different? It's super smooth and long lasting. Ones with too much salt bother my hands. 4 cups flour 1 cup salt 4 cups water 4 tablespoons oil 1/2 cup cream of tartar Mix all ingredients in a sauce pan. Cook and stir over low/medium heat until play dough is completely formed and no longer sticky. Allow to cool slightly before storing in an air tight container or zip...
I use Hom's Bite Blocker - it works better for us than Burt's Bees. And was one of the only natural repellents that scored well in the New England Journal of medicine study a couple years back. - though some of the new combination oil repellents may work well, there've been a bunch that have come out since then.