or Connect

Posts by Clarity

I don't think 4 is that much more boring - in fact the brent spiner episodes were good. But I've just been bored so long I can't bring myself to watch the episodes I tivo. From the beginning I think the casting decisions were poor. Which, now that Trek has moved towards more arcing storylines and away from episodic ones (the original mandate), is a problem - the characters just aren't that compelling. In DS9 I enjoyed the arcing storylines much more. I also understand...
I used a non-natural solution for a younger child - Mustela foaming cradle cap shampoo. The main chemical, as I recall, is salycilic acid (aspirin.) I tried oil and she had so much hair it was a real problem getting it out, and ended up probably drying things out more by using too much soap. I found every 3 days or so was enough to keep it down. I also saw a testimonial by a older child in the Lush newsletter that this helped with his cradle cap. Lush products are...
kangaroo korner adjustable fleece pouch. I babywore with dogs all the time when DD was smaller. My dogs walk well on a leash, and if something happened, they are pretty well voice trained. I was prepared to drop the lease if needed. Even with a less well trained dog, train yourself not to hold onto the leash at all costs - though a certain amount of tugging on one arm was fine, as long as I had another hand for DD. She was usually in a ring sling.
germs *are* your friend, I am generally in your category. DD gets sick, but we nurse through it, and focus on keeping her immune system healthy enough (at that age, mostly healthy eating for me and enough rest for her...) that she gets through most bugs in a day or two.
My sis and I did a combo - my dd was not as bad, and earlier, when we weren't night nursing easily yet, so she sleep in the bedside co-sleeper, inside her car seat bucket or bouncy seat. I also used a flat, firm, tempurpedic (memory foam) pillow when she was in the big bed. Now, my niece was refluxy for much longer. Books under the bedstead, or wedge under the mattress were both things they did. With the weight, the wedge they had worked better when she was sidecar in...
DH and I are in a big Italian phase right now. But with the exchange rate, I told him we need to convert to Argentina or something. We also drink a lot of vintage port and champagne. We've gotten some closeouts on french white and spanish red recently at like 1.50 per bottle that've been fantastic - normally much much more $ wines that they are moving out on clearance.
We are in a nice compromise art class at our community center for kids 2-5. The teacher does NOT make or show an example which is for us, enormously helpful. Each child get the same materials, and sometimes the components are premade, like a wooden tray. But the craft focus rather than free-form art is ok with me because dd is so much happier not trying to make hers look like the teacher's. We do more free-form stuff at home - lot of cutting paper and gluing. A lot...
a humidifier is helping my nose thing a little - and drinking more. I turned my mom on to cloth mama-pads for incontinence. The light pantyline or mini kind are usually more than enough to avoid changing your clothes when you laugh,
I have seen with and without windows. what I can say more commonly is that they seem to be built very inexpensively and not a lot of ostentation - not a bad route for a church to take. I would guess, as a nonengineer, that in some places heating/cooling and just plain construction is cheaper without a lot of windows.
I would do one, but since it would be a last minute sort of thing, I'd keep it to a one-pager and focus on the major issues for you. Stranger things have happened - while I'd suspect they'd just attach it to your chart and ignore it, there just might be some staff that take the time to look at it. And maybe save yourself one more time of having to repeat things. And yeah, in both oo our experiences the baby part is probably more of an issue - it's easier to defend what's...