or Connect

Posts by Clarity

no idea, but there was a huge amount of charm-style pewter-looking jewelry recalled for lead content recently. A lot was sold from vending machines, but also at stores like Target. That's the only thing I can think of. The "cause" related rubber bracelets are a lot more popular here - and I can't think of a health risk to those. does the channel you watched have a web site? You might be able to catch more of it there. Or have a better chance posting in the finding...
what surprised me is that a woman with so much background in the area forgets how very long women have worked, both in and outside the house - in very physically strenuous jobs. And for how few years children were expected to have their own bedrooms. Especially in middle and lower classes where parents did work more. Women have been finding a way for a very very long time. And we've allowed social convention to interfere. A need for sleep or sex, and outside demands on...
remind your mother that grandparents don't have legal rights to visitation in most cases, either. Any time you rely on the law to work out family disagreements, most people lose.
I don't recycle because it's cheaper and more efficient. I do it because it's the right thing to use and reuse existing materials rather than make more. Using more land for landfill, using more natural resources to make virgin material. In our large country, this is cheaper but not right. I expect to pay more, and do so willingly in order to waste less and reuse more.
yeah, they seem pretty rigid about the progression...but the speed of it might be the teacher's interpretation. I would have your wife ask the teacher what she's looking for in the printing - that your daughter is anxious to go on. There might be some element missing (or that the teacher *thinks* is missing - like the neatness, or straightness - just guessing - someone else with more experience at the higher levels would know better.) Some friends have reported to me that...
there are, in the US, two basic styles of montessori. AMS, which is a little modified (and contains a broader range of teaching styles), and AMI, based in europe, that considers itself more traditional in their interpretation of montessori. I have seen the contract thing in an AMS school at older levels, esp with children that will probably be transitioning to a traditional school soon agewise but I doubt you'd see it in an AMI school - just guessing you'd be more likely...
we use a cool mist humidifier to help the night breathing, too. if you have one you can add oils to, eucalyptus is often suggested. Mine only works plain.
we had fishy odor shortly after DD potty trained - it was the start of a UTI. About 5 days after the day of smell, she got the pain and urgency. So maybe watch in case other symptoms start.
When DD went through this, she bit a little when she was awake but really chomped down if she was near sleep. I got in the habit of inserting the end of my finger along my nipple in between her teeth right before she unlatched. I also had to hold her head a little - sometimes I got bit from her turning away and unlatching. When she was fully awake, I'd do the same thing, but accompanied by a loud "OW! No biting!" if she bit me and putting her on the floor. Only for a...
I went to my sister's tonight to give a closer appraisal so I could feel more confident in my suggestion. Cushion is plasticky but more streamlined. It does come with straps (including shoulder straps which I thought was overkill.) The bar comes also, but has a third crotch piece not seen in the pic, my BIL says (it was packed away.) We stop using the bar and even the straps awfully quick since the kids can climb in and out themselves at a very early age - your own...