or Connect

Posts by Clarity

This is an appropriate topic for me this week, as my midwife lost her nerve with all my complications and recommended c-sec at 36 weeks. The surgery was fine, and this time I managed to minimize most of what I hate about hospital birth. But this is my 3rd c. And my pregnancies and deliveries have been full of illness, pain and grief. The midwife used the "the important thing" argument when I was not happy about delivering immediately - knowing my history of multiple late...
the drops and the ointment are safe, and you won't have to take oral antibiotics. Ask me how I know. I could have written your post. But being sick from 23 weeks on, I had bedrest, cold, cold, cold, cold, pinkeye, cold, and now, baby! It is miserable - I am so sorry!
reliable, but misleading, since the SSA does not collate alternate spellings of the same name. (ashlee, ashleigh, ashley) so it can underestimate the actual popularity. BNW is actually quite geeky and clever with the visual representations of the 100 year popularity- the author is fairly serious about her research. There's a section that discusses the difference in popularity - how many total people living have the name, vs the number of new babies given a name in any...
I am a bit weird, since I do actually have a disorder...though not one that's testable, and it's unique - so when I was first TTC regular obs/midwives didn't believe me until I had an affected pregnancy. Now I have a gc, and she thinks I should become one. Ha! But some things, like cystic fibrosis, you might not have present in your family, but you may still have one of the genes involved. Which is not a problem unless DH/P turns out to have the same genes. No CF in my...
Surprise might help some people, but others prefer to work through the anticipatory grief before the baby arrives - so the post partum period is more joyful for them with all the negative feelings out of the way. Everyone approaches it differently. But yes, I used to be very active on a gender selection board and virutally all the moms had 2 or 3 or more of the same gender - and they felt unsupported if they had any negative feelings at all. "it's a healthy baby that's...
I think that's a lot more reasonable. The agency I just used to find sitters does use "contracts" - they are statements of mutual expectation and it says very clearly it is NOT a legal contract. Why is that an issue? The second side. YOU as the employer are FAR more likely to be sued. Many, many employers do NOT do employment contracts and some are even loathe to put many details in job descriptions or offer letters since it would be binding in a future employment...
i might try it anyway, maybe the gel bandaids would be thinner? but that's a tough spot. not that i would have been thrilled, but in hindsight the other thing i could have done with my split would have been use one of those glue substances like new skin. i struggled so long with it, amy chemical issues might have been acceptable.
That was really helpful for me, though tragic for my wallet. Thanks!
I didn't get to try this suggestion in time, but it sounded like a great ideas. Take a Soothie - one of those gel breast pads. I have seen them at babies-r-us and big chain drug stores. Cut one to fit your wound and nurse with the soothie on. In a pinch, I might try one of those fancy gel bandaids they have now. On my wound, it split open every time I nursed which was inredibly painful. I tried turning her and me to adjust the latch, too. But pumping didn't seem any...
Don't feel bad, I read things written by teachers and school administrators that make me shake my head too. But one thing this might impress on you is to think out your public letters first. Sometimes I find I write the emotional one, throw it out, and then start again to get the rational, well-argued one. It works for personal letters/email too when I'm angry. The spelling part, eh. Even reporters have editors for a reason. It was just spite they didn't fix...