or Connect

Posts by farmerjess

yeah, just saw about spinach being a goitrogen and deleted my unresearched post.
Quote: Originally Posted by WuWei Which plants and herbs are you eating?! Where are you reading/learning about them? HerbMentor? I'm trying to learn more about wild edible plants and safe herbs for nutritional use (rather than medicinal). Thanks for your placenta eating testimonial. (guess I have to get local placenta) Pat Eating right now: chickweed, wild mustards, wild onions, violet leaves and flowers, dandelion leaves and...
Playing catch up. JR, I am just drinking nettles for thyroid/adrenal right now. I am eating some other stuff for digestion and nutrients (mainly just dandelion and kelp). I am really trying to learn all the stuff about each herb before I take it and pretty much only take super safe nutriitional stuff right now. I also eat a bunch of wild plants. M2S, that sounds so scary for an uneventful rest of yr pregnancy Kathy, thanks for gelatin source. Now that I know its...
A couple of questions: Does anyone have a source for pork gelatin? Can you be both zinc and copper deficient at the same time?
Re: upping or switching out armour....I think I like I idea of taking a small amount of thyroid support and then trying to heal my thyroid nutritionally and herbally instead of the STTM people who seem to take more and more and more thyroid meds. I take all the requisite supps and my numbers are in range. I think I would feel better if ds didn't keep me up all night. It's so hard to tease out. I am studying herbs right now and want to look more into herbal thyroid...
Quote: Originally Posted by changingseasons That's interesting. I was putting nettle into my tea every morning, but of course I've stopped drinking tea since learning that hot liquids are bad. I should start doing infusions again- I never really liked the taste though, which is why I started putting it in my tea (mixed with other teas/herbs). Not sure if you've tried it this way, but nettles are pretty good salty. You could try the infusion...
Quote: Originally Posted by gigismom we made our pancakes this morning!! i used the above mix and then used tanya's ideas from the other thread to sub the eggs. it really helped me to have a better understanding of what the purpose of the eggs is. so for the 2 eggs in the mix i used 1T flax and 3T hot water (let sit), 2T rice milk and 1T tapioca starch, 1/4t baking powder and 1T oil. Seemed like a lot to add for just 2 eggs but they turned out...
This is an odd suggestion from someone who doesn't know much, but I have a bad cavity that I am ignoring now. It was hurting but now it's not. The thing that helps it feel the best is nettles infusion. If I drink it everyday, I don't have any pain. I think it has to do with the mouth ph thing, but I am not sure. My mouth just feels cleaner when I drink it. I try to drink sips all through the day because I think it contributes to a healthy mouth environment. Can you...
FTR, I am very hypothyroid. Happened at 5 months pp. I am on armour now. I feel tired and crappy a lot still. Morning temps are a little low (low 97's pre-ov).