or Connect

Posts by farmerjess

still sick here grok found a beehive yesterday thank goodness because honey and fruit are saving my throat. I (finally) made an herbal cough syrup yesterday for my dry unproductive cough and I am feeling so much better today. Still coughing but it's all broken up. I am really pleased at how well it worked (licorice, plantain, lemon balm, red clover, and thyme) with lots of honey and some liquour which helped me sleep much better last night. My belly looks all...
Sorry about the die off hysterics yesterday. I am actually sick with a cold. A weird super sore throat would be a flu cold if I had a fever. Coughing and slightly stuffy nose today. I am eating lots of fruit today because that's all that sounds good on my throat. DS has started to beg for eggs. We haven't trialed them in 10 months and he watches people eat all kinds of food that he can't have all the time and never begs. But the last 2 times he's seen eggs he's gone...
I'd like to join in here. I have been primal for the last week. The first 5 days or so I felt great but I think I am having some die off type symptoms. First my tongue was burning, then I got swollen lymph nodes and a bad sore throat and feel lethargic, brain foggy, seeing spots etc. Anyone else get this when starting? I think I am coming out on the other side now. I am starting to feel more energetic and my sore throat went away. I know I have some yeast and bad bacteria...
for me, nettle infusion makes my teeth feel amazing.
Interesting. He seems to be ok with tiny amounts in things like bacon and sausage. We are a very low/no sweets kinda family in general. Being around my mom makes me crave crave crave and indulge. I am eating chocolate, cookies, and coco icecream. That's how we grew up which is prolly a big reason why I'm here. Also he seemed to react to drinking a lot of apple juice and his poo smelled sweet. So I think it might be a straight up yeast thing rather than allergy thing.
pat, what do you know about bringing kids (toddler) to the se herbal conference? I have been wanting to go to that. I will look into it. dannic, sorry about your garden. and your FIL's. how sad. Ours desperately needs rain. Poor dh is carrying buckets of water there every night. There's no hose there and usually it rains enough. Rain NC rain! mamafish, congrats on the dddc. fess up, whoever did it!! lisa, i have been taking armour which has stupid cornstarch in...
Quote: Originally Posted by JacquelineR Test results are back today. TSH is 3.26. IIRC, it should be below 2 while being treated. Hoping my dr increases my thyroid medicine. Feeling better than I was but still not 100%. Please oh please... DS2 has been reacting to something, I think, but I have no idea *what*. Um. Unless. Gah. It's probably the stupid applesauce! Wow JR, that seems high. If your dr won't increase maybe you should get...
sorry about the lyme dx kathy. I am sticking my head in the sand about that one. We are crawling with infested ticks here (at least 1/10 carries it) and I get bites a lot. Can't wait to move from NC. RANT (skip if you want): We went to playgroup yesterday and the kids spread freaking popcorn everywhere in the room. I am pretty sure it was the nasty bagged kind too. I tried to be so viligant but D definitely got a piece and took a terrible nap and had a diarrhea. ugh....
Sorry about the reaction cs, hope you can figure it out. yay! mamafish. go cherries. and chocolate. and eating whatever you want and only dealing with your own bodily consequences. We are in the midst of nightweaning here. D is doing pretty well with it. I think it will help us all out in the long run, but it's so hard now. His daytime behavior is terrible I think because he's feeling vulnerable and really tired because he's not sleeping that well. D got over...
I was veggie for about 15 years too. I started eating meat a few years ago, but very seldomly. This allergies thing has really thrown me for a loop. My lo is sensitive to pretty much all veggie proteins (dairy, soy, beans, nuts, seeds, etc.) I like eating meat alot now, but I eat it for 3 meals a day, and sometimes it gets really old and not really what I wanted or ever envisioned myself doing, so I know how you feel. Pork is one of our best meats, so we eat it alot. We...