or Connect

Posts by MeloMama08

Hi Guys, well I haven't been here in a long time but things with my DP are just as crummy as ever. I'm pretty sure it's going to end sometime in the not-too-distant future. He has a 7 yo that we get EOW and sometimes other times too. Does anyone have experience negotiating visitation with a man who already negotiates it with another woman/child? I want to do it without CS because he already pays so much to her and it makes him resentful of her and DSD, which I don't...
I have a 16 month old daughter. Her dad is a good man and a good dad, but we are really not meant to be together. I got pregnant less than a year after meeting him, we never got married, and we are just starting to actually get to know eachother... and realizing that we really aren't a good match at all. It's really painful and I'm pretty sure that we will go our separate ways sometime in the not-too-distant future. Anyway, at this time It is totally impossible for me to...
PS just looked at the True Fit at amazon.com, WOW that does have a lot of legroom!! But is it really bulky? I have a small car.
Thanks Aurora. I really DON'T think she's comfy. She whines and tries to straighten her legs out and press the back wall... Your kids look comfy with their knees bent but mine doesnt... So does that mean that she's going to have bent knees in the car seat until she's forward facing?
We have a graco snugride 32 and our 13 month old is small- only about 20 pounds. However she is regular height (30 inches or so) and now her feet are hanging off the end of it. It's not very comfy for her in the car because she cant stretch her legs out. I'd like to keep her rear facing but does that mean that her feet are going to be crammed against the back of the back seat? I try to bend them for her but she is always kicking them out and getting annoyed. Do bigger,...
Didn't read the thread in single parenting but wanted to add another perspective: My best friend growing up's parents had 50/50 and she spent one week with one and one week with the next, etc. It was awful for her from the time I met her (5th grade) until we graduated from high school. (They stared when she was 5 years old.) She never felt like she had a home- instead she was always living out of a suitcase. She never had the clothes she wanted (as in, "the tshirt that...
Wow, there is so much excellent advice in these pages, practical and personal/spiritual. I had no idea that so many people felt like I did- I always thought that most of the step parents on this board were mainly concerned with crappy relationships with ex's, or behavioral problems with the step kids, or trying to have a good relationship with the the stepkids even when the stepkid resists. . . I guess my struggles are more common, which just feels SO good to hear. I...
hugs to you mama. Again, i was in the same boat around 6 months, like, totally ready to leave. However many wise MDC and IRL mamas told me not to do anything crazy in the first year after you become a mama... My daughter is 12 months now and yes, things in my relationship with her dad have gotten MUCH better. I would say stick it out for another 6 months if you can, and then pack your things if need be. But things might get better... My DP's head was spinning over the...
Ugh, I hate that I'm experiencing this, and I have avoided bringing it to this forum because I don't want to get flamed... My problem is not my DP, or his ex, or DSD. DSD is loving and pleasant to me, gets along great with her baby sister, and her mom (DP's ex) is also very pleasant and non-adversarial with me. DP is a loving and caring father. The problem is ME. I just really have a hard time when DSD is here. (EOW. she's 7.) I battle feelings of depression and anger...
Hey mamas! Well isn't this a fun thread!? Are there any suzuki piano TEACHERS in our midst? I played suzuki piano all the way from age four to high school and then went to conservatory and now I'm a music teacher... I just started teaching private Suzuki piano and I'd love to talk to any other people who are teaching! If you are, can you please PM me? Thanks, yay suzuki.