or Connect

Posts by MeloMama08

Hey BX mom, just sent you a PM. Wow, this is hard. I can relate with many things that have been said. First of all, my DD goes in and out of totally LOATHING my partner (her dad.) It has been the single most difficult thing of all the changes we have gone through since she was born. She is happier with a stranger on the street than being held by him. We have tried EVERYTHING. Sometimes it seems to be getting better but then he'll come home from work and she'll turn into...
It's def. not that black and white.... It's not like, heads you get an easy baby, tails, you get a high needs one. Every baby is unique. () When DD was tiny, she could be content lying alone and looking around for awhile, and she also was pretty easy to console just by holding and hugging. On the other hand, she did have some serious digestive difficulties that made her pretty colicky at times. When my milk came in she screamed non stop for like 3 days. I cut out dairy...
Quote: Originally Posted by LoveChild421 I think the whole "It's not right for our family" is the catch-all cop-out phrase people use for just about everything. Yes but lets remember that alternatively-minded mamas use that all that time to end conversations with people who are being judgemental: "You REALLY don't want your baby to sleep in another room down the hall? It's soooo much better that way!! Don't you want some PRIVACY?" etc etc...
Yes, 2-3 times to check in and say hi. Sometimes more if we are consulting about plans etc. He always calls at his lunch hour. There are also usually a few "i love you" text messages, too.
Quote: Originally Posted by sunflowers This. I'm also bit surprised with the responses. Especially with this being a community of peaceful and natural minded folk. Eh.... it only takes one person to make a relationship nasty. Also for some people they may be totally peaceful and civil but they just have their boundaries and that works well for them.
Um, yeah.... It's fine!! She can definitely come in. DP usually does all the shlepping though so she rarely has the opportunity. She bought the bed for the 2nd bedroom (she used his CS money to get DSD's bed for OUR HOUSE! ISN'T THAT AMAZING!?) so she came in to see it and see the new apartment... I was actually in the other room at the time crying under the covers because DP's parents had bought a TV for the kid's bedroom... I've since made DP remove it, but that's...
Quote: Originally Posted by Red Pajama "my friends think i'm making it harder than it has to be" You've probably hit the nail on the head. It is hard to be the first with kids. But you are their model of what new motherhood looks like, so have heart. When you "stick by your guns" about what is right for your baby, you're not only doing right by your baby, but modeling motherhood to your group of friends. It's no small thing. They may think...
I don't think that asking what you did before the baby is rude. We all had lives before having a baby, right? If a new mom asked me that and I said "I went to music school and I was teaching music to K-8th graders" well that tells them a whole lot about me. Then we can talk about music, life as a teacher, etc- two of the most interesting non-baby topics to me. If I asked someone that and they said "I didn't finish high school but I was doing a lot of sewing and weaving"...
hugs to you. I totally know how you feel. I have struggled with the "bedtime blues" since college. These days I feel pretty fine and normal most mornings but by the evening, my depressive/sad/hopeless feelings are in full swing. One thing that I have been able to link it to is diet. When I was younger, I noticed that eating refined sugar earlier in the day pretty much set me up for evening drops in seratonin/dopamine. (Read "Potatoes Not Prozac" for a full discussion of...
You are amazing Abimommy. I read this whole thread and I am really impressed by your ability to stay professional and helpful without getting snippy or adversarial. I kept thinking "yes! hold your ground guuurl!!" Maybe the UA should say "be like Abimommy."