or Connect

Posts by MeloMama08

I'm embarrassed to admit that I have not been able to find a key to all the abbreviations used on these discussion boards. Help me out people!! Is there a page which tells them all? If not could you give me a run down of the basics? DH DD etc? Also how do I make a little running signature like all you guys have THANKS!!!!
Hi Sapphire, I have been experiencing something similar- I'm a bit further along than you (26 weeks) so my uterus really does cover that whole area you mentioned, but even at 15 week I felt a kind of uncomfortable tenseness or tightness, hard to the touch, in that area. Keep in mind your uterus is a muscle is it is stretching open all the time while you grow. There is a great diagram of the growing uterus muscle in "The complete guide to pregnancy and birth" by Sheila...
I'm Emily, due June 2nd, waiting on gender, birthing at a birthing center!! YAY!
Wow, thanks everybody!! What helpful responses. It seems like no one said "yeah I left work and missed it so much." I love the kids that I work with and I feel very invested in some of them. I love the other teachers even more- they are a bit older than my group of girlfriends and I just love their more mature perspectives on life and children... So I wouldn't want to be isolated from them. I guess the best thing to do is probably try to negotiate a part-time situation......
Hi Ladies! Is anyone else a pregnant teacher? There must be some judging from the never-ending stream of pregnant teachers in the school where I work! I am just wondering about other people's feelings about maternity leave. I teach music 3 days a week at an independent school in Harlem, NYC and I'm due in early June, just around the time school is ending. I will have the whole summer to be with baby and recover, etc, but I'm feeling more and more anxious about what to do...
False! I can't stop making cheese and spinach quesidillas. What I am bored of is my partner's cooking. HE needs some new recipes! TNP can't stop buying maternity clothes! (just like me! I thought I loved the gap sale racks before and NOW I'm going totally overboard! I got three shirts for 14$ yesterday!!!)
I totally commiserate with you! I have been there at least 3 out of every 10 days, I would estimate. I feel bad for my poor dearie partner, who gets the worst of it. Of course he doesn't help his case much because he insists on quoting the movie Knocked Up when the dad says "F--- you Hormones!" which he thinks is really funny and totally okay because he's not saying F--- you to ME, just the "hormones." UGH!!!! As if I can separate myself from my hormones!!!! I wish I...
Hello Everyone This is my first post on the mothering.com discussion boards and I guess the timing is perfect because I actually logged on with the intent of starting a "can we talk about weight gain" thread!! It is so hard in our culture to be calm and accepting about gaining weight. Although I am impressed with how little I actually have been freaking out, it does creep in at times. I have gained 14 lbs in 24 weeks, which is good but I started out a little overweight...