or Connect

Posts by MeloMama08

Quote: Originally Posted by brinalicious My advice is this: Part of the problem might be that friends without kids need to be told how to interact with you now that you have a baby. Rather than always turning down their invitations to go out at night, you might try inviting them over to your house for lunch during the day, or meeting them for coffee somewhere you feel comfortable taking your child. They just want to see you, and they probably don't...
Quote: Originally Posted by amlikam Also keep in mind just because a mom doesn't have your parenting style doesn't mean you can't be friends- some of those moms don't know about our ways of parenting... and might be happy to have someone say its OK for you to hold your baby and love them! That's the thing... most of the moms that Ive made friends with DO share my style of parenting... but that doesn't make our friendship meaningful. Just talking...
Quote: Originally Posted by Teenytoona And on Tuesday he ate through 2 pages! laughuplaughuplaughup
Not sure if this is the right place... but I was hoping to hear from other people who may be having a similar experience: I really am noticing how my relationships with many of my close friends have changed since becoming a mom. I'm 25 years old. I have a big group of friends from college who all live where I live and all still spend a lot of a time together. I am the only one to have "settled down" and had a baby. I'm just finding it's harder and harder to connect...
Quote: Originally Posted by rhoneyes I hope I can help. My son is 6 months old and is also very well behaved. He hardly cries when we leave the room and is content without mom or dad. The only way this happened is because my hubby and I were vigilant in giving him a schedule and his own space. From day one we would keep him in the room with us but he would be sitting up next to us, in his bouncer, laying on his tummy, or playing on his quilt. We...
Wow, mine has not been that expensive. 300$ for the midwife 600$ copay for the hospital 300$ clothes 300$ other gear $1500. We were given a LOT LOT LOT. crib basinette carriers slings breastpump and clothes galore. I didnt have a postpartum doula or mothers helper but boy, one would have been REALLY FREAKIN NICE. I would say that having a baby is like anything- it's easy to spend a lot of money if you have it, and if you don't, you make do with what...
Is it normal for a 9/10 month old to cry every time mommy leaves the room? I have a great relationship with my little one, who I've been staying home with since she was born. People always comment on how she's such a relaxed, mellow, happy baby who never cries. The thing is, that's only when I'm there. When I leave her for any length of time (3-4 hours is the most I have ever left her) she screams bloody murder for hours on end. She will cry at home if I leave the room...
YAY!!!! I'm loving the attempts at positivity. Lets try to keep these threads truly positive and not full of thinly-veiled criticisms or parenthetical/implied bashes amidst superficial compliments!! I love it that DP's ex is so into her daughter being a good sister to my daughter. I love it that DP's ex is so friendly to me.
Quote: Originally Posted by Yoshua Then why post? the topic is list at least one good thing isn't it? thanks for having my back! I'm trying to feel positive here. So far it's working so lets stay on track ok? One other good thing: DSD's mom is very flexible about visitation so there never is a war of who gets DSD. She is happy to take her or leave her. And I mean that in a nice way.
Okay hi it's me again from the "feeling really sad" thread. Well I put the baby down for a nap, ate an apple with peanut butter and did the dishes and decided that while I can't really add anything to the "things I love about being a step-parent" thread, I can at least think of one thing that's good. #1. We moved into a two-bedroom apartment and DSD's mom voluntarily bought a bed for the second bedroom. She even bought the kind that we requested. anyone else want to...