or Connect

Posts by MeloMama08

Maybe it's sleep deprivation and a touch of PPD... but I just feel so profoundly sad about so much of what I read on this forum. I log in a lot and read the new threads voraciously, looking for insight to my life which I am having such a hard time dealing with. (again, PPD/sleep-dep.) But what I find is a lot of really sad stories. I piece together the details of other people's situations- at best, challenging. At worst, downright tragic. People fallen out of...
Quote: Originally Posted by 2happymamas Would it be possible for your sister to use the air mattress and for you and the baby to take the bed? I was thinking of this... But shes has bad scoliosis and I want to be self-sufficient if possible.
Quote: Originally Posted by Seasons I think the thread was talking about "you should have expected your partner would be visiting his kids, paying child support and having contact with his ex," since most single dads do those things before they remarry, yet some 2d wives seem surprised when those exact things continue and impact the 2d wife's life. Not exactly. I'm the OP. I'm was talking about using that as a flippant response to complex and...
I am taking my 9 mo to visit my sister. She lives in a studio apartment with one double bed. I was thinking about buying and air bed like this one http://www.amazon.com/Coleman-Double...pr_product_top for me and baby to sleep on. Would that be safe? I remember reading somewhere that airbeds are not safe for co-sleeping but I'm thinking that at her age, it wouldnt be a danger. If it's not a good idea, what are my alternatives? I definitly can't sleep with my sister in...
I have read a lot of the "what to expect when flying with infants" threads... Definitely helpful in allaying my fears. The part that I'm feeling really worrying about is just being able to hold her on my lap for all those hours. My LO is almost 9 months old and she's really into crawling, climbing, flipping, pulling herself up, etc. She doesn't like to be contained. (she's the type of baby who always flips upside down when you try to change her diaper.) Soooo......
hey great! didn't chime in before but I'm glad it went well. DSS is lucky to have you.
Hey JSMA, congrats on the new babe. Hugs to you for dealing with this. I still think it's a miracle (and totally unexpected) that we haven't gone through anything like this with DSD. She was 6.5 when DD was born though so that's a bit older... Anyway one idea I thought of is that DSD loves to draw and she always draws pictures of me, her dad, her, and the baby.... Maybe you could do some art therapy with your DSD to help her get her feelings out, and help you get to...
I use a baby bjorn :
Linnea's sleeping like garbage too.......... yawn. She wakes up a lot, sometimes crying, sometimes playing/crawling/clawing my face. It usually doesnt take more than 30 minutes to get her back to sleep though, thankfully. It's really awful. DP wants to let her cry (thank god he is not pressuring me though bc he knows I can't fathom it.) I'm exhausted. There's not enough room in the bed. It basically sucks for all. SHe has gotten worse and worse since about 4months....
Quote: Originally Posted by Yoshua Anyways, remember your DH is experiencing these changes too and they are new to him too. His life changes in ways he didnt expect and as a partnership you get the chance to work together to fit the pieces together. So very true. I just wish that there was a general consensus that blending families is really hard for everyone, not just the kids, not just the bio mom, but everyone. I know one big struggle for...