or Connect

Posts by MeloMama08

Quote: Originally Posted by ginger_rodgers Daphne, then how would you expect anyone to avoid the OP's problem? Of course if you go in without any knowledge of common realities involved with marrying a man with children, you're going to get blindsided. I can understand saying "I didn't know", but not if the MO is for others to stand back and let them stay ignorant. When women take up with alcoholics or drug addicts, if the women have friends, they get...
Quote: Originally Posted by phrogger I think wording it should be more "when you have a child with a man who has kids already, you have to accept that things WILL change and wont be exactly as you thought or had hoped". Now that can be said for all parentingn situations, be having a willingness to take on what ever extra comes with a man with kids is something that many people really need to take into consideration and many don't. I don't...
Quote: Originally Posted by aricha And my hope is always that those who are NOT step-moms or whose situation are otherwise different from mine can share with me their perspective in a way that is respectful and that can give me insight into other points of view that might help me on my journey. YES YES YES! The antagonism on this board is very upsetting to me. I want compassionate perspectives, not harsh criticisms. I just want to add that...
Quote: Originally Posted by Daphneduck No, of course not. I hope that you find some peace with your situation. Thanks! I meant that more as a rhetorical question but I really appreciate your support. I talk to my mom a lot about it and she is reallllyy helpful at helping me to see how my issues with DSD are really my issues with myself. (and sometimes with DP.)
I find the argument of "you knew what you were getting into when you married a man with kids" to be SO BOGUS. First of all we never really know how something is going to be until we experience it for ourselves. Secondly, things change in unforeseen ways when new baby to wife #2 is born. In our case, DP started spending a lot more time with DSD after DD was born bc he didn't want her to feel marginalized. When I got pregnant we had her 2-3 days out of the month....
Quote: Originally Posted by AugustLia23 Thought this was interesting...my faith is, for the first time in my life, a true focus of mine. I always had some faith, but recently my spirituality was given some true guidance and it is such a nice feeling to grow and focus on. Anyways I took the test and got this: 1. Mahayana Buddhism (100%) 2. Neo-Pagan (87%) 3. Theravada Buddhism (84%) 4. New Age (83%) 5. Unitarian Universalism (82%) 6. Hinduism...
Yeah... racial "categories" are pretty ridiculous. The idea of "race" is a social construct- it kind of disregards ethnicity and nationality, which are much more define-able. Venezuelan is an nationality, African-American is an ethnicity, "white" is a race but it doesn't tell you ANYTHING- you could be a fair skinned person from Columbia- does that make you "white" or "Latino?" "Hispanic" really doesn't mean anything. My DH who is Dominican just says "Spanish," because...
Quote: Originally Posted by kiara7 I don't think it's ever a good time to let a baby cry himself to sleep. A baby will have a sense of security and trust when he knows that he doesn't HAVE to cry to get someone to attend to his needs. And his needs don't just include diapers and food, they are also holding, interaction, touching, etc. :
Um..........did I say something taboo? All the parents of Hapa babies were happy to show off, so I figured the rest of us would be too??????????
This is a spin off from the HAPA thread. I figured hey, all multiracial kids tend to be gorgeous so let's have another show-off-our-babies thread! My little one is half Scottish (me) and half Dominican (DP) She's the cutest ever! here's one with me: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...f3c&id=4304534 and here's one with her daddy: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...c74&id=4304534 and here's...