or Connect

Posts by MeloMama08

congrats on your pregnancy!
yup, soraya makes me think of psoriasis, too. Maya is a great name that I hope never becomes too trendy so that it can retain it's specialness.
Quote: Originally Posted by 2xy My kids and I all use a little big of gangsta slang, but it's almost in a mocking way. This is a problem to me because much of what you may think of as "gangster slang" is really the vernacular used in the African American communities. "Ebonics," as it is sometimes called, is a dialect that many African Americans can switch in and out of with ease. In the several years I have taught in Harlem I have seen how...
I am glad that my baby (7 mos) doesnt wake up crying or upset in the middle of the night. I really am. But what she does is the other extreme. Every night around 3am, she wakes up for Baby Party Time. :: She is shrieking with joy, turning over, babbling volumes, kicking her feet high in the air and generally partying. If I put her in the crib (right next to our bed) she makes really loud shrieks and yelps (happy ones) that eventually turn to loud fussing. When I have...
Quote: Originally Posted by mean_jeannie I believe OP is referring to Louisiana - the postal abbreviation is LA. OOOHHHHHH!! I was SO confused. LOL
in NYC they're a dime a dozen. I have tons, literally TONS of friends who have one black parent and one white parent. You see it all the time. No one bats an eye.
Just trying to get an idea of the range of normal. Linnea goes down pretty late, usually 10ish. We put her in the side-carred crib. These days she wakes a lot, maybe three or four times. Maybe at 12pm, 2pm, 4pm... By the second or third time I bring her in bed with us and she sleeps better for the rest of the night. Sometimes she sleeps solidly from 5am-9 or 10am.... Then, usually an hour nap in the late morning and an hour (sometimes two) around 4pm. Is this...
why am I here? Because I love MDC so thoroughly that I lurk on every single board, Hey Queer Parents!!!:::jo y: LOL. Okay I vote for Ithaca NY, my home town. It's grrrrrrreat! And exactly what you're looking for.
Hey all. I came across this on the web when I was trying to find some advice for beating sugar addiction... I think it gets to the heart of what I was asking originally with this post. "To guarantee your success in winning the sugar game, you’ll need the following four magic playing pieces: 1. HEALTHY RELATIONSHIPS If you turn to sugar when your relationships are unstable, it is time to work on the relationships. 2. FULFILLING CAREER OR LIFE PATH If you turn to...
Quote: Originally Posted by MegBoz Don’t get me wrong… I DO want time alone with my DH and I know it’s important for the health of our marriage. But if we’re going to spend time alone together without DS, it should NOT be out in public at a restaurant... if you catch my drift. Why don't you ask your MIL to take your LO out on a long walk or an errand so that you can have some alone time with DH at home? I felt the same way as you but we did go...