or Connect

Posts by MeloMama08

Quote: Originally Posted by spughy I ate 2 slices of toast liberally enhanced with gooey camembert-type cheese, plus a couple cookies. Yay me. "liberally enhanced!!!" LOL true. A lot of my worse food transgressions fall into the category of foods being liberally enhanced. Like when I have a healthy apple and peanut butter but "liberally enhance" the PB with mushed up brown sugar. Annnnnyway I am so heartened to see the popularity of this...
I totally feel you. I let my LO sleep on me all the time in the first few months. Don't worry though, now she has learned to sleep through getting put down, and yes it is convenient to be able to walk and move freely and do things while she naps... However as for being "stuck on the couch..." I will confess that after hours of being stuck on the couch with sleeping baby, I would start to feel numb in the butt... I didn't think much of it until I developed hemorrhoids ...
heehee thanks for your responses everyone. I just thought of something funny to add... I have worked for the past 4 years at a school in Harlem... I can't tell the number of times I've told children that my name is Ms. Emily (we do first names) and have them say "Ms. Ebony?" The idea of a white person named Ebony always makes me crack up! Hey, stranger things have happened.
you should post in the cloth diapering forum. Your post will probably get moved there anyway!! PS I love my cloth dipes but i use disposables too. It's nice to have the option of either.
Quote: Originally Posted by calpurnia Hi guys! (I'm actually a June mama I guess but I'd rather hang out here after DDC days... besides I think the June mamas are all off forum somewhere) yeah... hello? (hearing my voice echo) I was in the June DDC too but I ended up having my babe in May, so here I am!! We couldn't contain our excitement for solids so we gave her rice cereal one day mixed with BM. SHE LOVED IT! However, then she had really...
Anyone else feeling frustrated that the name you gave your baby isn't as easy as you thought it was? My little girl is named Linnea. lih-NAY-uh . It's a Swedish flower name. Got it from the children's book "Linnea in Monet's garden." I thought it would be easy enough. But NO. Everyone seems to botch the name! People keep saying "Leanna" or "lih-NI-uh." DPs family is from the Dominican Republic and I really thought it would be easy for them, but no! His aunts call her...
I usually opt for the "my pediatrician says not to because of these reasons" or "research these days says not to that." For people telling you to let her CIO tell them that the latest research says that it can cause brain damage. (Look in the nighttime parenting forum for links.)
DD is a huge spitter too. She always wears a bib but usually manages to spit up on her self and us and the floor and everywhere else too! She flips it up over her face too but I never worry about breathing because its so light. Oh, and the ones we use most are these white terry cloth ones that are babies-r-us brand that have fairly big neckholes so that its not constricting.
yep, you're doing everything right! Keep relaxing and snuggling!
I luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuvvvvv my baby!!! I just want to sit with her and sleep next to her and play with her and look at her pretty face and give her milk and put her in pretty outfits and change her diaper so I can see her little belly and give her baths so I can see her look of shock when she hits the water! I love her so much that when she falls asleep in my lap I start looking at pics and videos of her on the computer. I LOVE MY BABY!!!!!!!!!!! Way more than I've ever...