or Connect

Posts by chirp

we did not have our stuff together...as of now i'm pretty sure i'm in early labor. in order to get a birth certificate we have to have proof of pregnancy...which we don't have... to ease pressure/anxiety on me as far as getting this baby a bc i figure it would just be easier to go to the hospital when it is all over. do i go to the emergency room? or the maternity ward? do i tell them it was a UC or an "oops." we're strong enough not to get dragged into anything...we...
Quote: Originally Posted by staceychev Awww, Chirp... Just was reading your sig and noticed that you're in South Jersey. I always wanted to live down the shore... It makes me happy just thinking about your family there! I think I need to make plans to go visit my aunt in Marmora soon... staceychev we're only relatively close to the sea. we're closer to the delaware bay than the true blue ocean. (still only 45 minutes from wildwood...
i said invest, because what i would do with the money would add significantly to the value of my house. refinish the basement, gutters, sun porch and main bath.
i'm feeling the same way. today i was sweeping my kitchen, cramps running down my legs, tired as all get out...and when i was done i decided to get down on hands and knees and spot mop it. why? who knows. i've recently become obsessed with my kitchen floor though, and it's spot mopped nearly 3 or 4 times a week. along with all the molding and framework in my house, the bathroom floor, and all the sinks.
Quote: Originally Posted by eilonwy In fairness, while I know no one who smokes twenty joints a day I know plenty of people who smoke at least that much weed when given the opportunity to do so-- they just prefer glassware. The thing that I find most fascinating is that the people I know who are the most functional while high are most inclined to do more, while the people who are least functional smoke the least. It's not like, say, alcohol or cigarettes...
my son is turning two in may. we are thinking of getting a pavillion at a local park/zoo. it's safe for the kids to run around, admission is free, and there are lots of "roaming" ducks, chickens and peacocks which ds LOVES. zoos in general don't really do it for me. this is a smaller community zoo, though...so they don't have too many of the bigger animals that I feel should really be living in the wild.
Quote: Originally Posted by shishkeberry Oh, don't I know it! I still haven't managed to quit cigarettes completely. I have stopped buying them, and that goes a toward a great deal, but I live with people that smoke and my DF smokes so sometimes it's hard not to ask someone for one or two. I never managed to quit with my DS and he was a very small baby and I've always felt super guilty about it. He has certainly caught up by now and I don't think he...
Quote: Originally Posted by shishkeberry Haven't really been here in a long long time! But now that I'm expecting #2 I'm starting to gravitate towards parenting boards again, especially Mothering. Though, to be honest, Mothering seems to be slower than it once was. Maybe that's just me? I don't know, it's been years since I was here on a regular basis. So old-timey MJ mama saying hello! Though with this pregnancy I've decided to stop using MJ. ...
congratulations!!!!
Quote: Originally Posted by JacquelineR Serial posting. I reorganized the adventures. you should give yourself some decluttering points!! that was sorely needed.