or Connect

Posts by chirp

semi regular contractions (1 every 5-10 minutes)...enough to stop me from talking. we got everything set up. charged the camera. put the baby clothes in the oven (we're doing UC), put rags in the slow cooker for warm rags. lit some candles. walked around in circles and had some loving touch to help things along.... but no baby today. around midnight I decided to get some rest since I was tired. Contractions kept me awake (or dreaming about them) all night, but...
it's been about two months for me. dh hasn't quite signed on yet, although he's not as skeeved about it as he seemed before I started. perhaps he'll make the switch eventually. so soft. much easier on our budget (especially with me being preggo and peeing every 35 seconds.) and i feel really good when i see how many wipes i've used and realize that i literally used to flush the equivalent of that down the toilet!!
i use a small glazed flower pot to hold the brush. it doesn't hold smells or get too icky without being able to be wiped clean. the reason for the bag, though, is that the toilet is the one place in the house where i actually use bleach. a splash of bleach (a liter sized bottle lasts us over a year...i figure, that's not too bad) diluted with water in the flower pot. the brush sits in it, so it gets disinfected as well. and it's so little bleach that i haven't noticed...
i use conditioner on my pit hair occasionally. since i don't use deoderant, a good scrubbing and a dash of conditioner usually helps get out any residual smell in the summer. in the winter i find i don't really have to do that...but in the summer...i do. don't get me wrong...i love my smell, and dh loves my smell...but everyone else?? not so much. so i try to keep it down to a low roar.
yay!! congratulations momma!! happy babymooning!! and don't forget to love and take care of yourself too!! eta: what a sweet little girl, i just looked at the pic!! lucky momma!!
thanks for your replies everyone...i was really feeling down that day. the next day was just fine, and without the green stuff. i'd probably still feel better with it, but thankfully hubby changed his withholdings yesterday, so within two paychecks it should be reflected and we should be able to afford something!!! as for the chronic talk...we always just used the word chronic to refer to really really good bud. anything else we just called "laced" or "wet" (although...
awwwww!!! congratulations!!! sending some good labor vibes your way!!
Quote: Originally Posted by Stace This is incorrect. Meconium in the amniotic fluid can indeed be aspirated and most certainly can be a cause for concern. A chain of events that caused me to aspirate meconium led to me being born at 32 weeks and spending a month in the NICU. Needless to say, I'm pretty glad that someone showed concern for me. that's what i was thinking...because don't they practice breathing in the amniotic fluid in the last...
if my water broke and it was stained lightly but I was close to delivering I would remain at home. if my water broke and it was stained heavily and/or I was not close to delivery I would transfer to the hospital. by close to delivery I mean dilated and pushing and feeling the head crowning or almost crowning. I'd be calling the hospital to let them know we were on the way. I'd be willing to take my chances with hospital staff over trying to resuscitate a baby who...
definitely fleas!! there weren't many, but there were enough that they were biting my family and I. we had the pleasure of squeezing many of their bloody guts out before we applied the advantage. but the advantage did seem to do it's job. i want alternatives for the future, because although he's never reacted like this before, i don't want it to happen again, or for anything worse to happen (like a larger scab, or worse, infection!!) for now though, the flea...