or Connect

Posts by sweetc

These!  :)   http://www.nourishingmeals.com/2010/02/oatmeal-heart-cookies-gluten-free-vegan.html
I've used it and we enjoy the recipes.  It does make a difference to use the fine ground almond meal (not Bob's Red Mill) in the recipes.  I order from Honeyville online.  I also substitute other oils and liquid sweeteners if I don't have grapeseed oil or agave on hand.  That seems to work fine.  Oh, and some of the recipes seem a  little salty to our taste, so I cut back a little.    I also use almond flour as part of a "whole grain" gluten free flour mix I make,...
This is great to hear! Thanks for sharing! It's really nice to have some studies that aren't so negative on single/solo parenting. I work so hard to give my children stability and consistency and I do believe that it pays off for them.
From Hale's Doxycycline AAP: recommendations: not reviewed Doxy. is an antibiotic and belongs to a class of antib. known as tetracyclines. Tetracyclines given orally to infants are know to discolor teeth and inhibit bone growth. Doxy. and oxytetracycline stain teeth at least. Although most tetracyclines secreted into breastmilk are generally bound to calcium preventing their absorption, doxycycline is the least bound (20%) and may be better absorbed in a...
One month out this is where I was too... daddy is fun, mommy is nag. But, now, almost 18 months out, I trust myself, and my children. I am honored that I get the day-to-day time with them. The regular, everyday, get up get dressed eat breakfast go to school come home do your chores play eat dinner and go to bed time with them. It isn't the same as the weekend play and have fun time they have with their daddy, but it is the time that I have with them and I make the...
One of my 3 1/2 year old son's gifts for his birthday was a fabric crown and cape. He loves them! Easy to make and lots of creative dress up option, if your son enjoys that.
My 6 yo son used Versed for oral sedation a month ago. He is very averse to any medical or dental work and Versed (along with a wonderful and kind dentist) allowed him to peaceably get his teeth fixed. He also used nitrous. I am surprised the dentist is saying that Versed isn't made any more...I hope that you can find a dentist that works for you. We (my son and I) didn't like the pediatric dentists we saw and I just took him to my dentist. It is so very...
Can you do everything that you are able to make the separation legal? Go straight to divorce? I'm so sorry. He sounds miserable to deal with. Christine
Childcare centers are regulated by state laws that mandate the ratio of caregivers to children. It is based on the age of the youngest child in the room. Having a child under 36 months in a room that is for 36 month+ could put the childcare center in violation of their caregiver/child ratios. You can often look up your state's guidelines online, or ask the center what "table" they are governed by. (And, my children hate the gym's childcare center. I don't even...
Contrary to my nature, I've become very structured and organized. For example: Each day of the week has a set breakfast (monday = oatmeal, wednesday = eggs, etc.) lunch, and dinner (monday = meat/fish, tuesday = pasta, friday = pizza, etc.). This makes meal planning easier and it helps make sure we are eating balanced meals. I have a schedule for chores for myself for each day of the week. Clean the bathrooms, laundry, change the sheets, pay the bills, take out...