or Connect

Posts by dready_betty

In the past few days I learned that my cousin's 3-year old and BOTH of my sister-in-law's kids were conceived while their mothers were on hormonal BC, and didn't skip pills or anything. So that 99% effectiveness just wasn't enough for them I guess =) Also I've been successfully CTA for about 2 years now so it burns me too when people disregard FAM's legitimacy. I even had to tell my dad that I was on "the pill" because he was so paranoid about me getting pregnant. He...
The biggest thing for me with hand-washing dishes is, wash stuff right after you use it! I get onto DP for this all the time (and got onto my roommate for it before that!). I just don't let dishes pile up, because if they do, it gets really overwhelming - we have a small sink and I like a tidy kitchen. I also actually like doing dishes by hand, which helps...it's a good, meditative activity for me. I think the seventh generation dish soap rinses off a lot easier than...
Great thread! I don't know the square footage of our house, but it consists of a living room/kitchen/dining area (all open, and small but still big enough to cook in), one bedroom, and a bathroom/closet. That's it! And it's a regular house on 3 acres. The house is actually bigger, but the rest of it is completely unfinished and we are planning to tear it down and build a big porch anyways. There are only 2 of us (me and DP), along with our two dogs, but eventually...
I like this thread, too! I'm 23 and DP is 37, so 14 years difference. We don't have kids yet but we're both chomping at the bit to have them! (We're waiting a couple more years for career/financial reasons). I think our reasons for being anxious to have kids might a little different though...I'm just ready to be a mama, and while he's ready to be a papa, I think he's worried about being "too old" when the time comes (!). A lot of his friends are younger and have already...
Wow, Letty, what an inspiration you are! Your school sounds like a great place to be. I too feel like a fish out of water (I'm in central Oklahoma), but the good thing is, there's always something to work on, whether it's the way we teach or the way we eat...anyways keep up the good work!
Hello, fellow Montessori enthusiasts! My name is Anna and I have recently re-discovered Montessori, as a teacher-to-be. I attended Montessori Primary 20 years ago (I'm 23 now), "grew up", went to college and earned a degree in Environmental Studies. My dream of becoming an organic farmer hasn't worked out too well, so I have been further exploring my other passion, which is working with kids! I am currently substitute teaching in public schools - all ages and subjects but...