or Connect

Posts by sillygrl

Trust your body.   Don't give up!   Drink lots of water.   If it seems like it's not working, snuggle in bed for at least a day, do skin to skin and just nurse and love on each other.   Supplements are nice and can be helpful, but aren't 100% necessary all of the time, so don't stress out about getting the perfect lactation cookie recipe   I tend think about what would the monkeys do, lol. I don't know why, but this really helps me relax. Monkeys don't watch the...
Hey everyone! My kids and I are fairly newly vegetarian, and even though we are not completely vegan, I'm trying to cut back on dairy as much as possible for health reasons and I'm not a huge egg fan to begin with. My question is: what is your favorite kid-pleasing quick, cheap meal for those nights when you really want to just pour everyone a bowl of cereal instead of cooking?
Hi everyone! My kiddos and I moved (back) to the Panhandle last July, we're currently living in Clarendon. Anyone else in the area?! Are there any local fb groups for natural parenting? Also, I was involved with the natural childbirth community back in Wichita and wondering if that exists here?
 This right here is what helped me find the courage to finally get me and our four children out of the situation we were in. I didn't want my sons to grow up thinking the way their dad treated me was the right way for them to treat their own partners, and I certainly didn't want my daughter to think that she should look forward to a man treating her that way. It is *hard*!!! My ex and I were together for almost 14 years. I still love him, and it's hard to walk away from...
I swear I never knew I could take such fast showers until I had kids   I would either wait until they were napping and take a really fast one with the door open or just wait until my ex was home. This meant I sometimes was getting my shower near midnight, but I figured it was better than nothing. If I had no other choice, I would put my baby in a bouncer right at the door and be really quick.
My kids have had years where their homework consisted of, "With mom or dad..." or "Read 10 pages to someone in your family and have them sign your sheet..." almost every night.   As it is now, with kids in 5th, 4th, and 2nd grades, all three have a planner that I sign every night, and two of them have a sheet that I sign saying that they did their nightly reading. My oldest is bad about not remembering to do it, or just not really paying attention when he does do it (he...
Following! I had a stash that I bought off etsy forever ago and they got lost in the move, lol. I'm so broke, I just bought one of those 18 packs of cheap washcloths and fold them, but want something pretty...
I am a single mom and am getting OUT of the healthcare industry right now. For 13 years, I was an LPN and it's not a joke that the wages are going down. I was making decent pay for my area, around $20 and hour, then took off for kids. When I went back, the highest wages for someone with my experience was $16 plus a $1 shift differential. The schedule is either 12's (hard to find childcare), or odd hours (6-2, 2-10--again, hard to find a daycare that opens before 5:30 or...
It depends on how child support is handled in your state. My ex is now over 33k in arrears in child support. The state of kansas (where we got our divorce) is set up so that they have to pay through the kansas payment center (not an option, they must), and the court trustee through the county the paperwork is filed monitors and files contempt charges. I know Texas also requires child support to be paid through the attorney general's office, and I think they file contempt...
I am a single mama to four. When my ex and I first divorced, we had three and he was deployed, so I was already pretty much a single mom. We tried to reconcile and I had our youngest, but we've been separated since July. I moved from Kansas to Texas to be closer to my family, which was a very hard decision to make because I was taking the kids so far from their dad. I wouldn't have been able to do it if I'd stayed, though, I have no family there, and I've had so much help...