or Connect

Posts by sillygrl

Knowing that it would be temporary, and even more so with a lot of discipline and cutting back, I'd work on settling the debt. And, if you see that it's just going to work, then reevaluate. I'm surprised you had trouble selling the bike. At the beginning of summer this year, lots of people were buying them because they save on gas. At least, that's why my husband bought his.
At our school, they have a form to take to the doctor, who fills it out and signs it. That same form has the space where the parent can sign claiming religious exemption, but if they take that away, you will need to have it signed by a doctor.
If that's the way it has been, and you never received written notice otherwise, and someone you did not recognize told you that you were not allowed to see your child, I would complain. If the priniciple did change the policy, all well and fine, but she needs to learn that she must notify the parents in writting of policy changes. I think that most people were talking about the security issues because most schools are not set up like yours. In our school, parents must...
Would apple cider vinegar not work for those? Every time I start getting gnats, I put out a cup or two with some ACV, water and a drop of dishsoap as traps. I usually catch quite a few this way. I get them in the kitchen, though, I don't think I've ever had one in plants before. Then again, the only plant I have inside is an aloe, and it always dries out before I water it.
In worse shape than I like it. Porch: I reorganized and swept this area real well, which felt great after all the rain and flooding we had Friday. So that's fine. Kids Room: Probably get this back in shape pretty quickly. They do a fairly good job, but need help with vacuuming, so I'll do that tomorrow. Living/Dining Room: Needs to be picked up, dusted and vacuumed. Badly. Kitchen: A mess, I need to unload and then reload my dishwasher, get the counters wiped well and...
I would love some help, too. My house got absolutely awful, and while it's not anymore, it's far from organized, I have no actual system, and I feel like I fight every day to keep it to a level that's not bad for our health. The worst part is, I know I need help, I just don't know where I need help the most!!
I do everything I can at night. I drop my son off at latchkey in the mornings because I go to school myself, and he eats breakfast there. He also eats lunch at school since money is really tight and we qualified for reduced meals. At night, he takes his bath, brushes his teeth, we pick out his clothes for the next day, then he and I read a book and bedtime by 8:30. In the mornings, I wake up and get ready, and then get him up and dressed, brush his teeth and comb his hair...
Be safe with the flooding! We had the worst flooding in 10 years on Friday on my side of the city and it was very scary to me. I am wondering if you've talked to the teacher specifically about this? If you're able, I would call and request a meeting with her. I don't feel that would be bothering her at all. You're a parent and you have some concerns, and most teachers like it when parents bring these issues up. You can perhaps get a better idea of when things will start...
It's been almost a month and he's doing well. I was incredibly worried, but I love his teacher. He is thriving. He brought home a piece of paper folded like a book and read it to me. I could have cried (working with him on his letters and sounds was extremely frustrating to me and him both). They use a reading program that combines sight words with phonics. Honestly, he does awesome with sight words, and I think that's the key with him understanding phonics. The teacher...
Our school offers PB&J as alternatives and for those students who have no $$ in their accounts or forget their lunch. It's PB&J, crackers and water.