or Connect

Posts by sillygrl

I would also be concerned about the message it's sending in a different light: by saying these presents make you feel uncomfortable, isn't that like saying it's not okay to develop a relationship with this person? The other woman is obviously not an angel, but the fact of the matter is that she is an important part of the daughter's life because she is her father's partner. It can be very hard for kids to get along with step-parents (I know as a stepchild and a...
If he is in arrears, then they may set up something like a withholding order so his paychecks are garnished to pay off the back child support plus interest. Here I'm pretty sure they can take up to half your paycheck to pay child support. They can also garnish all of his income tax return to pay back CS. This is why it's important to have employment information.   They probably won't lower his CS since he owes so much money, they'll probably actually increase it. My...
Thanks for the smiles, ladies! My ex told me a month after he got to Iraq that he was filing for divorce and it's been absolute hell dealing with that. Not ready to write my letter yet....but love reading all of yours!!
I started enforcing the rule that any closed door means we have to knock before opening. I always had the doors open when they were little but then I noticed they would walk right in when we were at other people's houses (oops!). This doesn't just mean the bathroom and my bedroom, any door. If there are other doors in the house, you can practice with them. I like the fact that I'm not stressing my bedroom over any other rooms with this. And that goes for their space,...
Isn't Montessori supposed to be a more child-led learning style? It sounds more like the teacher is not the right fit for your dd, and that happens sometimes.
I think either way should work. I've slept on a mattress on the ground both on and off a box spring and never had any trouble either way.
I know my kids have become fairly intrigued with death and how it happens and what happens afterward. First, their great-grandfather died and now their dad is deployed in Iraq. They are 7 (almost 8), 6 and 4. So, they talk about way people die and sometimes that involves "killing." To me, it seems like their way of trying to understand something fairly complex, that everyone faces... And each is at a different level, so the way they talk/play about it is different for...
A 17 mo old not willing to jump into the middle of play? Not unusual. Pretty normal. My 6 yr old still sucks his middle two fingers and my 4 yr old sucks his fingers and does the thing where he sticks his fingers in his belly button, lol. She does not sound overly shy to me. I bet if he would observe *all* of the other kids around, that he'd find others who were not so quick to jump in and participate in activities. None of my kids were particularly outgoing when they were...
I wouldn't worry too much. Mama's probably already been exposed and has started making antibodies for the lil man. I got sick many times with littles but I had to keep on going and nursing. I am with the pp, it wouldn't hurt for her to take some supplements to boost immunity. He'll get those, too.
I looked and looked online many years ago for tips on how to cut hair. I have three boys and keeping their hair cut costs a fortune. Lucky for me, they like it really short so I bought some clippers and started learning. My middle and youngest sons like theirs in a buzz-cut style but my oldest likes his high and tight (think Marine, lol) like his daddy. It took a while and a lot of practice but I can do it now... You might check out the library if it's close to you....