or Connect

Posts by sillygrl

I would absolutely commend her for being strong and coming to you with this. Let her know she did the absolute right thing by doing that. She needs to know she's not helpless and has a good head on her shoulders. There's a lot here I want to comment on. While I would absolutely treat the suicide threats as real (always, no matter what), there are some other red flags here, the fact that he doesn't want to be with her, but he doesn't want her to move on are just scary to...
Lots of hugs! I know how to cook, but I'm so busy/overwhelmed that I just don't like it anymore!! You've got lots of great suggestions here!! Oh, and I wanted to say I'm the mama of small kids. My oldest was not even *on* the charts when he was young. Now, he'll be 8 in a month and he still only weighs 40 lbs. He's tiny, but he's a healthy little man and the doctor was always able to see that so he didn't worry too much, as long as he was gaining. Still, it was scary to...
To be completely honest, my mother is not the type to ever *want* her grandkids for long periods of time, so I never was confronted with this, but I can understand. When my oldest was 21 weeks old, I had a miscarriage and landed in the hospital. When my family asked me what I wanted, I told them all I wanted was my son, and as soon as he got there, I wouldn't let him go. We need our babies, that's natural mothering instinct. I think your parents sound amazing, and I can...
At one point, I had started the midwife-to-be course but ended up stopping for many reasons, mostly really young kids and not being able to find a preceptor. I still love reading about birth, etc, and hope to one day actually find the perfect apprenticeship and persue becoming a midwife. I think you're doing great!! Keep yourself in the birth community, and keep up on the doula and CBE work. When you're ready to really start, you'll have just that much more under your...
I think that sounds logical. For my brother and my stepson (11 & 12 yrs old), things start winding down around 8-ish, when the boys get in the shower, then they go to their rooms after they're clean and teeth brushed and hang out. I usually peek my head in for my stepson and let him know when it's 9 so that he can crawl into bed. He likes to read and stuff, and he'll do that all night and not get good sleep if I don't remind him. I'm not real strict on bedtime (I'm a...
My oldest is going to be 8 in a month and I have rarely just dropped him off somewhere. Personally, I don't feel right or something. Not that it's wrong, I just hate feeling like I've "dumped" my kids off on someone. I have issues, lol... My friend just had a party for her son (who turned 6), and almost all the parents just totally dropped their kids off and left w/o even leaving their number or anything. Plus, some of the kids hadn't even RSVP'd until the morning of...
Between Greek yogurt and regular yogurt? Is Greek yogurt just strained regular yogurt? Could I use it to make yogurt? Kay. I've made yogurt several times in the past and want to start making some more. Not until recently have I ever even heard of Greek yogurt, and was just given some, so was wondering. Thanks!
Oooh really enjoying watching Clara's videos!
Wow, I'm a little surprised that Kansas isn't listed as one of the easiest, but then I didn't realize that some states don't even require you to notify them. All we have to do here is register as a private school, and I did that online in minutes.
It always seems to me that a lot of the curriculum available out there is Christian in one way or the other. Don't get me wrong, I like that homeschooling gives Christians a chance to educate and bring their religion in it. But, on the other hand, I can get frustrated because I never find anything Pagan based