or Connect

Posts by Lily's_Mom

Kaethe Kruse makes some boy dolls:   Finn   Tom   they are 16"
Thank you, infojunkie!     Quote:  
Hi ladies!  I apologize in advance for TMI, but there isn't much way around it.    This is my third cycle charting, and I'm worried I may have just made an 'oopsie'.  My chart reflects ovulation, both calculated by hand and calculated by fertility friend.  Last night was the first safe night.  I checked CM beforehand, just to be sure, and it was non-fertile quality (dry rectangle of streaks on my underwear).  This is why I am worrying:   The last two months I had...
  I've been meaning to post here for almost a year now.  We moved from Canada to Switzerland in May 2010, with only 8 pieces of checked luggage on our flight, and 8 boxes of belongings mailed over.  It was so freeing getting rid of everything!  I really enjoyed starting over with our new apartment here.     I just need to finish putting up our curtains, and we have a chair to buy for our living room, and then we are officially settled in.  I can't wait to post the...
Hi there,   I had the same story as you.  My bp was usually 135/85 around the end, but no protein in urine etc.  Just the high blood pressure.  I was induced at 42 weeks with my daughter, and she was 8 lbs. Second pregnancy, same thing happened, except this time I was induced at 39 weeks.  My son was 7lb12oz.  So, my theory is I can only handle 8 lb of baby and my body starts giving out!   If we go for baby #3, I want to get in really good shape beforehand,...
  Deaths unexplained; Effexor cited as possible contributor, risk factor   Warning: video in link may be triggering.   http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/story/2011/09/19/bc-depressionbabies.html     I just wanted to share this where pregnant women, or women thinking about becoming pregnant, would be most likely to see it.
In Canada, they monitor you for 2 hours after the cervidil is first inserted.  Then they send you home with instructions to return in 12 hours (usually, depending how busy they are).  When you return, they monitor contractions and fetal heartrate, check for progress, and probably insert a fresh cervidil.  Then they send you home 2 hours after that one is in...repeat til baby is born.   They wouldn't have enough beds if they kept all the moms on cervidil at the...
Cervidil works really well for me.  It just takes time.  12 hours would not have been enough time at all.   WIth my daughter, they administered the first cervidil on a Sunday night.  Monday afternoon they put in a fresh one.  Tuesday evening they put in another fresh one.  My daughter was born Wednesday evening at 42 weeks.   With my son, the first cervidil went in about 3am on a Wednesday.  The second cervidil went in Wednesday evening.  My son was born Thursday...
Just thought I'd put it out there that oral thrush is a possibility.  My son had a cold and at one point I noticed white in his throat.  Thinking it could be strep/tonsilitis, I took him to the doc.  And it was yeast!   So, who knows?  Glad to hear that your little one is feeling alright though.
We are in Zurich.