or Connect

Posts by LalaithYamainu

I have a Kozy carrier and used it for several months.  Personally, I prefer snapping buckles to tying, but I have to say that I went longer before re-adjusting with the mei tai.  I did use is successfully with both a newborn and a toddler.  Until my son was big enough for our Boba, the mei tai was the only carrier my husband would use.  
Infant to 3 months: The Portable Baby wrap.  It was a woven, so I could to just a simple cross carry, but had a slight stretch to hug my baby.  I adored how light and breezy it was (I'm in Texas) without making pressure points.  The middle marker is a nice touch.   At about 4 months, after a back injury, I switched to back carries in a Boba 3G, and I LOVE IT.  It took only a few days of practice to get him up on my back by myself without fear, and when I get the...
  I first heard about EC about four years ago when DH and I got engaged, and immediately fell in love with the idea. I shared my excitement with my crunchy future sister in law, who was... far less than enthused. I was pretty surprised actually. She was totally opposed to cloth diapering, viewing it as unsanitary, and for some reason didn't buy that baby's could communicate their needs to eliminate. This from the woman who had done "on cue"...
Good luck!  
Doctor's appts are so much more fun when your nurses and doc are gossiping about your parents. :D  Before the med center was completed, my ob shared an office with my dad, so she and all the nurses know him and my mom, and have fun telling me stories about them.   One of my mom's favorite things to do when dad moves to a new office/gets new nurses is to show up and drop off chocolate for him, telling the nurses that she's his girlfriend and they need to make sure his...
I have to have it done.  :P  It's funny though, when Wendy (the nurse) came back in with the paperwork for it, she saw me glaring at it, and said deffensively "She's making me give it to you!  Doctors are evil!".  LOL.   And my doc remembered me telling her about the fiasco last time (I was told to fast for 12 hours by someone who was mistaken about which test I was taking), and she asked if I still had zofran (I do).  She told me to take it about half an hour...
Baby flipped last week - I was soooo happy.  I suspected (because all the kicks were suddenly in the rib area instead of my bladder), but wasn't sure until my ultrasound.   I still can't tell where anything is though.  I guess I can tell which way he's facing by which side of my ribs are getting kicked, but that's it.  He's tucked away though (I'm still barely showing).  My uterus has always been tilted toward my spine, so I guess that's why?  And maybe some of it's...
Ick - I'm bruised from my ultrasound yesterday!  Apparently, DS likes to hide - they've had trouble every ultrasound (this was my fourth) getting a good look at him, and yesterday his feet (the point of the u/s) were tucked under my ribs, and his head was nestled in my right hip.   Owie.   I am a bit confused... I thought yesterdays ultrasound was to get a second look at his feet (still club footed), but afterwards they had me schedule another appt to "moniter...
I'm a first time mom, but I have two dozen infant prefolds and two dozen flats.  I plan on padfolding the flats in covers for outings/nights/naps, and using the prefolds with a prefold belt when in-arms/in-carrier.
DH has been bugging me about getting my birth plan written.  It'll be decently simple I suppose;  no interventions if everything's going well, whatever the doc says to do if it's not going well.   In my brain, it's pretty much "natural birth or emergency c-section, nothing in between".  Which is silly, of course, but I can blame preggo brain for that.   I'm mostly worried about the afterbirth stuff - them taking baby away too soon, doing stuff I don't want (eye...