or Connect

Posts by tapatio

My aunt is looking for parenting classes in her area, preferably NVC classes.     Thanks in advance! 
I'm not sure if anyone will read this but I felt compelled to post an update.  I just logged back on to Mothering, haven't been here in a long, long time.  I was just going down memory lane, reading my old posts.   DH and I ended up getting divorced when our youngest was 2.  I'm shocked it wasn't sooner after reading this post.  Anyway, we went through a very quick but painful divorce.  We still managed to do many things together as a "family", though it usually ended...
Thank you!
My oldest son (7) has two dtaps, youngest (4) has no vaxs. When should I start getting them vaxed to not overwhelm them?
http://blog.mommeetmom.com/index.php/vaccinate-your-damn-kids/ my oldest is eight, youngest is five. We've been friends for ten yrs and I'm shocked this is what she felt compelled to send to me. Also...it's been a few years since I was up to date on my vax talk (going through a divorce and becoming a single parent) and this article scared me!! Especially being a single mom, I question everything I do. Part of me wants to run out and vaccinate them immediately. (Side note-...
lol. when do you people have the time?!
now, I'm kinda hoping somehow this is a good thing... We are safe so that's why he is CONSTANTLY battling us....? With extended family members he listens well, still tries to negotate, but doesn't have a meltdown when the end result isn't what he wanted.... Our biggest battle is him scaring or kicking the dogs. It's never ending. However, when my aunt came over and watched him she said he didn't do it once. As soon as I came home, there he started again...
Thanks for the book idea laohaire. However, I have a stack of books dh promises to read and never does. I've tried everything. I even said we weren't trying for a second until he read how to talk so kids will listen and listen so kids will talk. Stupidly, he read I think 5 pages and I saw progress so I threw caution to the wind. Looks like we might need the counseling. How pathetic. We've been married for a year. We've been together for four. He has been...
Anyone ever read "Babyproofing your marriage"?
it's just getting worse. We had a talk about it, he is stressed. He feels like ds rules the house. He wants to be involved with other people, such as his family. Unfortionatly I have issues with his family. His sister is a huge babywiser, his other one is just a constant know it all; she does right we do wrong. Babywiser wants to babysit so that we can spend time together. I dont think I trust that woman with anything other then my laundry. Ds has fallen in front...