or Connect

Posts by Pen_esque

Hello mamas:   I haven't posted in ages but I'm wondering if anyone with more experience would like to offer some advise.    I am looking to either get a membership to my local gym, or do weekly pilates classes. I can not afford both. My objective is to get strong and fit, and to stick to it. Which way to go?   Gym pros:  Variety - I can swim, use the sauna (love), use machines, maybe even fit in a group class on the weekends. Frequency - I could go 2 to 4 times a...
Thanks so much for taking the time to reply. I'll try that ABC chart, thanks for that. I had suspected wheat sensitivity but no longer think that may be it. It's def not e numbers as she doesn't eat anything with those in, but the chart may reveal some other pattern that I have not been able to see without keeping track on paper. How wonderful that you were able to help your son!
DD (3 1/2) is asleep now following another epic meltdown and I'm just devastated. I'm hoping that someone can offer some advise or opinions.   She will sometimes try to hurt herself when she is upset -- slamming her legs on the ground or scratching herself very hard (no blood yet), pressing her nose as hard as she can with the palm of her hand. "I'm trying to hurt myself!". I gently stop her and explain that we are gentle to everyone, even ourselves, and that this...
Hiya!   We're going to NYC for a few weeks in December with our three year old and we're looking for some (preferably free) indoor places she can run around and explore. In London we have the Royal Festival Hall, which has lots of seating and open space, a cafe, bar, lots of stairs and lifts and is open to the public and very child friendly. You can bring your own food, there's often free live music, etc. Basically, I'm looking for a place just like the RFH, but in...
Thank you so much for the update. I've come here tonight to look for answers, as DD sounds a lot like your son, and this gives me something to look into, and thus hope. 
I've never tried this, but since the dose is so small, could you add it to a bowl of porridge with wizzed up apricots or something like that? I hide all manner of things in my daughter's porridge, and if she stopped taking her Florivital, this is what I'd try first.   HTH!  
 2.5 year old doing the same thing. No idea why. Losing mind.   Perhaps I'll start a food diary...
I haven't been here in ages, mainly as the forum no longer works for me on my phone , but I'm at the end of my tether with my DD around sleep and I'm looking for some relief.   Has anyone used any hypnosis type CD's to help their LOs to sleep? Any recommendations?   I won't go into all the details as it would take ages, but the basics are:   She's almost 3, cosleeping, and nurses to sleep. Although it can take, um, hours. I've tried everything gentle that I...
I don't really have any advice, but my DD went through a similar phase, where she just wanted to pee standing up. I kept the potty nearby, and a stack of prefolds at the ready and just let her pee how she wanted to without making a fuss.  As she was peeing I'd calmly tell her "wee wee goes in the potty". After a while of me thinking it would always be this way, she started using the potty. But before then, we had an interim phase of her asking for the potty, sitting on...
  DD (28 months) is vegan, and she tends to graze during the day. We have porridge with dried fruit (usually figs or apricots) in the morning, and I can sneak all kinds of good stuff in there, ground flax seed, nuts, quinoa, blackstrap molasses, coconut oil, cashew butter...   During the day she snacks on fresh fruit and veg and nuts. She also loves hijiki and beans, but particularly butter beans and black beans. And she'll have a small lunch of leftovers from the night...