or Connect

Posts by girlygirls3

Hi,   I'm needing some advice. My son is 4.5 and has not gotten a dose of MMR up until this point.  I was concerned with adverse reactions to the shot and have done a selective/delayed vaccine schedule since he was born.  We are, however, seeing a rise in cases of measles close to us and his preschool is asking for him to receive the shot.  I'm on the fence, I had said from the beginning that I would have him get the shot as we got to school-age, but now that we're here...
Hi there!   I need some GD advice for my 8 year old. Within the past 3 months or so I feel as if our relationship has struggled. The backtalk in my house is at an all-time high. Everything we say to her always has a response. We seem to make her angry (along with her 6.5 year old sister) pretty much all the time. I understand we all live together and people can get frustrated with each other, but what bothers me is the way she talks to me (and her Dad). Rolling of...
I liked GaiaKids on facebook also and like Mothering as well :)
This would be fantastic for our three kids!!!!!
Hi!   My dd has to do a research project and I'm wondering what is out there online that we can use as a reliable source?  We will go to the library also, but since this is our 1st type of project like this, I thought I would ask what is out there that other moms have helped their kids use online?   thanks!!
Found a dental sealant that is BPA free.... Embrace WetBond... my brother and I had sealants growing up and neither one of us have ever had a cavity... we're 34 and 32.... while I'm not suggesting this is entirely from having sealants I am wondering if that did have an impact.  Now that a couple of my kids are getting to the age where they can have them put on I'm questioning whether or not to do it.  Since I've discovered this brand I'm def. leaning toward putting them...
Looking for advice on chicken nuggets... are there any out there that are made healthy?  Tried making them myself before and they have not been a hit.  I like the protein they're getting from them, but also want to make sure what the kids are eating is good for them.  There has to be a brand out there, right?  Trader Joe's brand has been approved in this house...
Hi there...   We moved last year and know that our new water supply (city water) has flouride in it.  So, we'd really like to remove that and I've read the only way to do it is with a reverse osmosis system.  I'd love to hear which ones are the best ones out there... and what all of your recommendations are.  Should we go with that system, or is there something better/different out there?  I'm very concerned about our health with this water.   thanks!!!!!!!
any thoughts of going with a one-size diaper?  I used disposibles on my first two and decided to purchase fuzzibunz one size w/ my third.  I didn't purchase them until he was 7 months old, but I am confident they would have fit him at birth as well, and he was over 9 lbs.  If you used a diaper that would work all the way through, like a one-size, you'd only need to purchase them once, either new or second-hand, and they should last all the way through until...
I thought this was a great post