or Connect

Posts by ajv

i just wanted to relate a funny story about not being what others expect when they meet you. when i livee in new mexico, worked from home, i would do legal guardianships thru the mail and over the phone, when it came time for court, i would tell my clients (whom i had never met in person), "okay, i will see you at judge so and so's office, i am a large african american woman " and because it was new mexico, and i new all the other black attorneys, i was pretty confident...
congratulations, please sit down more and put your feet up...mama. i understand the tired at the end of the day thing. so what i am about to say may be at the height of consumerism...do the milkshake/smoothie thing, buy TWO blenders, so that one is available while the other is in the dishwasher/dirty. or buy one blender and get another glass jar on ebay. drink a healthy dinner and call it a nite...that is my .02 ask your husband to join you to avoid sympathy...
we buy mostly from thrift stores, avoid writing/logos, ebay...we did like to buy the george foreman line at the big and tall men's store for my husband, but it isnt there anymore. sorry to hear about fubu, i was always happy to buy something from goodwill with their logo.
how are you all. i am doing fine. i got some planning sheets from donna young to help me keep track of what i have/want to/should introduce. my room isnt set up completely... but when it is i will let you know. i got some nice maps (one from good will the other form the dolalr store, but i hesitate at putting them on his level, plus we have a chair rail in the room we use, so it would involve me removing the chair rail. oh well, hope things are going well.
Quote: Originally Posted by eilonwy I"m curious-- why would you make such a promise? I mean, I kind of understand that you might not want to make your daughter feel badly if her hair wasn't as long as yours, but cutting it for her sake? Isn't that just drawing attention to the fact that the two of you have different hair and you feel like she's in some kind of minority, that you don't want her to feel alone? I'm not articulating well here... I think I...
okay, so i am a 3A and my daughter is going to be a 4B.
i need some reference or definition too...tho are we perpetuating this foolishness by finding out what this means...we will see... i have had to deal with the good hair comments all my life. when i found out i was pregnant with my daughter i promised myself i would NEVER EVER have hair longer than hers. this became quite the challenge b/c she was born BALD (lol!!!) i knew she would be bald because i had ZERO heartburn. i mean zero. i got heartburn once, after eating...
i havent posted in a while, plus i need to do some housework. i have only just skimmed the latests posts. i find it so so interesting that everyone is so apologetic about being elite. everyone has their "my life was hard before now" or "everyone in my family didnt have it this good" story. well, i admit it. i am elite. forget my past, or my family's past. right now,TODAY i am elite. that is why i subscribe to this thread, b/c i am in need the company of some...
i was really looking forward to scholastic book club before we decided to homeschool. as i child, no matter how poor we were, my parents would always let us order some books (they were really cheap). anyway, i did a web search and you can join scholastic book club as a homeschooler ! here is the link/answer. http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...7115219AAKuVwD
thanks for the replies. thanks. thanks.