or Connect

Posts by fullofhope08

My child is the same age so I'm not sure how much help I can be. But I think some natural consequences are possible. I do expect our ds to wipe up water if he spills it. He loves to have water flying everywhere when he's in the bath. I matter of factly explain that we can't have water in the floor as someone could slip and hurt themselves. I give his a towel and he wipes it up. Same with food on the floor - it's not where it belongs and needs to be picked up. At first, I...
Hi all, I keep wondering how much to worry about my 8 month olds nap routine. He naps 2-3 times a day and for the most part, only for 45 minutes at a time. He's a happy boy and I had him falling asleep on his own in his crib for naps, with me just staying in the room until he was asleep. In recent weeks, he's cut three teeth in a row so there were days I was nursing him to sleep as nothing else seemed to work to get him down. No other teeth seem imminent so I'm working on...
Interesting thread. The things we worry about as mothers. Lol it's all helpful info. I remember another mother mentioning once that penis size varies a lot in their first years but levels out in childhood (I'm thinking she said 6-8 years, I could be wrong). Not sure if this has any truth, but it stuck with me. Our ds1 seems to be very well endowed. Ds2 not so much. We have worried too about his penis size and actually had the dr look at it. He reassured us that he had...
Hi all, I did occasional ECing with my first from four months on and found it was great. He quickly started pooping exclusively in his potty and we'd catch a pee most days. By occasional I mean potty time at every diaper change and eventually lots of naked time. My second is now seven months old and has been spending time on his potty since he's been 3 1/2 months old. He caught on quickly and poops almost exclusively in his potty. We catch pees at most diaper changes. He's...
His delivery was extremely gentle, no antibiotics. He was given one dose of antibiotics at a week old, which he threw up soon after receiving it. That was for cold #1 and a slight fever. The paediatrician told me not to continue the meds, which was music to my ears, so I didn't give him any more. I think I'm dealing with yeast these days but he seems to be yeast free...I think. He has a persistent diaper rash, that he's had for two months. That is starting to concern me...
Hi all, my six month old has just started with his fifth cold. He seems to manage them relatively well when he does get them, but I'm concerned that he's sick so often. I breastfeed and he's home with me, although we are out and about in the community. I've been reading a bit about higher rates of chronic disease in adulthood correlating to frequent childhood illness. That freaked me out a bit and so I'd like to support his body in any way I can to be stronger in fighting...
Hey, I'm all for reviving this thread! My babe was born two days after my oldest turned three. So I'm home for the year with the two of them and wonder why no one warned me this was the wrong age to full time parent! Thankfully he can be very sweet and loving and I think the year together will prove to pay off in the long run as we have to figure out how to work things out he and I. But wow, I'm amazed at how challenging he is. It's the throwing that sets me off. He will...
Hate to say it, but it is very reasonable to be worried about this. My lo got a cold at a week old as it was going through the house. Three year old got it first, then baby and I. It is stressful, but babe got through it amazingly well. Just wash your hands, try to keep four year old away form baby or washing their hands too. Breast feed lots! It may not prevent it but it will pass on your immune response to help baby. I was in a way thankful I had the cold so I could pass...
Oops, my previous post shows up as one long quote. Just the first bit is quoted from another post. Rest is my rant