or Connect

Posts by fullofhope08

I've been using yellow dock, in a blend of other herbs -nettle, red raspberry leaf. I found it worked for me. I got the recipe out of Rosemary Gladstar's Herbal Healing for WOmen. I've also heard that women tend to have success with Floradix blends. I guess it depends on what your preference it.
thanks mama's! we'll just get creative for those first few days I guess. good to know the meconium doesn't cause too many problems. I assumed it would be a bother or a problem with cloth.
Hi all, getting ready to start cd'ing with our first, due in 5 weeks. I have a stash of one size diapers (pockets and fitteds) and have a very small stash of small diapers (fitted and prefolds). As I mentally prepare for next month, it occured to me that these diapers will likely cover the baby's umbilical cord while it is still attached. we also have a package of disposables (seventh generation brand) for the first few days, until the meconium passes. any suggestions -...
I just dealt with this same problem. It is very annoying and I found it a bit concerning since it appeared all of a sudden too. Based on my midwifery education (student) and my midwife's advice, this is what I did and it worked - I increased my protein intake by about 25-30grams a day (I added an egg to my breakfast, cheese and crackers mid-morning and made sure to eat a handful of almonds in the afternoon in addition to my usual 3 meals a day). I also try to be mindful of...
Hello, just wondering if others have bought diapers off Ebay. I was looking at one-size bamboo diapers but open to other materials...prices are cheap when they are not one of the main name brands of diapers (bummies, fuzzibuns, bum genius, etc) and you buy a lot of 6-10 diapers. It's just hard to know what the quality is like. any recommendations from those who have bought these? how's the quality? thanks!
1./ How much weight have you gained so far? I have gained 30 lbs to date 2./ How far along are you now? 30 weeks as of today 3./ Do you need to gain more or less then average for any reason? nope. I had a BMI in the normal range before I got pregnant. 4./ How do you feel about your weight gain? I am quite surprised at how much I have gained. I eat well, eat more a day than I would have in the past, but not by much. I am measuring 2cm higher than expected...
Just adding to this thread to offer more solutions for those struggling with this. I have always used ground flax seed to keep my bowels regular. Kind of the same idea as chia seeds in some respects...I would add them to juice or yogurt so they would absorb some liquid and become quite slippery to keep things moving along. Once I got pregnant, this stopped working as it seemed that my bowels soaked up the moisture, leaving the flax to then work as a cement in my bowels. My...
Hello ladies, I'm preparing for our little one who is due in May. I have decided to use wool soakers with some of the cloth diapers we'll be using. I found some patterns online and have been learning all I can about the joys of wool soakers in recent weeks. Since I don't know how to knit yet (but will be learning through all this!), my mother knit one soaker that stated it was size 0-6 months. It's absolutely huge...I would say it would fit a one year old or even bigger....
I haven't been poking around too much yet (I think a miscarriage at the start of the year makes me a bit shy about pressing too firmly), but I think I'm starting to feel the upper edge, at 9 weeks 6 days. very cool!
Thanks for this great discussion. It helped me figure out what is really important to me in terms of this upcoming birth experience. Of course, after studying and providing midwifery care for several years now, I value the importance of quality maternity care. It will be important to me to be midwifed myself through this process - don't think unassisted will do it for me, not for our first baby. I will have to go ahead with physician care through our local hospital, but I...