or Connect

Posts by fullofhope08

So glad to hear your first night went so well. It's so hard to take that first step, or at least it was for me. Glad your son could understand what was going on, could mourn it and get more sleep. They are amazing and resilient! I hope the next few nights go well, with shorter wake ups every night. and glad to hear your anxiety has come down. It sucks to do these things. I had naively thought that my ds would eventually just wean himself. I concluded eventually that this...
Tracy, do read the Jay Gordon stuff. I thought it was so gentle for both of us. It talks about starting to restrict the length of feeds...I forget the exact routine but every few nights, you reduce it more, until you get to zero. I found it helped my son se that he could manage without milk, by first getting some but not falling asleep at the breast. Then eventually not having the breast at all. It worked really well for us. Like I said, we stopped the night feeds first...
hi Tracyamber, you may have seen some of my other posts in the forum discussion already suggested. I feel for you - I remember struggling with this a year or so ago. I remember feeling like I was being unfair to my son to potentially wean him for the sake of our family and with no guarantee there would actually be another baby. I also hated the thought of ending breastfeeding if potentially I was never going to nurse again. Hard decisions with no guarantees. This...
I joined the May 2013 DDC, so I figured if I clicked on the DDC forum section, May 2013 would appear. It's not in the list, only March and April are. How do I access the May one that I joined? Just trying to figure out how to find it. I forget how I discovered it earlier today to be honest...stumbled across it somehow after trying a few times in recent weeks to see if a group had formed. Thanks! Renee
Hi all, I was looking around for a May DDC on here and for some reason hadn't found it before today. I was surprised to see so many women on here already - this is great! My name is Renee. I live in rural Nova Scotia. DH and I have a son, 2 years old, who was born in the hospital after an attempted homebirth (moved to the hospital after 3+ hours of pushing. He arrive another 2 hours later with just a little help). We have been hoping for another baby since winter. We...
SKJ2011, I played around a bit with the meditations...my ivf cycle was long (I stimmed for 14 or 15 days as opposed to the usual 10-12) so I would listen to some a few extra times. The 2ww had great meditations but my 2ww was longer than what they have (my clinic waits 16 days to do the beta). So again, I replayed a few, especially when I hit one I liked. I just adjusted it to what I needed. There are so many different meditations, with a description for each on their...
I'm in a similar boat...I'm 6 weeks pregnant with my second (first lo is 2 years old). I found out a week ago that I'm pregnant after an ivf cycle. So far, not many symptoms - initially (even before the BFP), I felt twinges as if ligaments were tugging a bit around my uterus. I don't feel much of anything these days...a little tired last night and I must say I am always hungry (not an issue this early last time). I don't remember when the typical early symptoms started...
I also used the circle and bloom meditations. I used the ivf ones as that is exactly what we were dealing with. I found them to be fabulous. I found out I'm pregnant a week ago, and to be honest, I think I may keep using them a bit, when I need it. As there are still days when the stress gets to me. I found that particular meditation program at a great price online...I think I paid $35 or so. It was an American online pharmacy that had it as a deal. If I an figure out...
hey there, I'm guessing you're onto something when you mention the puppy/pregnancy as a cause for regression. Puppies have accidents often, so he may be seeing this and trying it out too. As for how to help him with it, I hear you - you want to help them through this but not attach shame to what they are doing. My ds went through a phase after a few weeks of being in underwear only where he had some accidents. My mother reassured me this was normal and sure enough,...
hi there, research has shown that acupuncture does increase success in IVF pregnancy rates. having it done throughout the cycle has shown to be beneficial, but the most crucial session is the one within 24 hours of transfer (ideally within 6 hours). So it's never too late to start! You may find that tehy want to see you 1-2 times a week for now, then often right before retrieval and then right after transfer. Or at least that's what my naturopath does. From personal...