or Connect

Posts by fullofhope08

I'm not sure if this will help at all, but we started ec'ing at thus same age- 4 months. I didn't follow full time ec recommendations but rather just started putting ds on the potty every time I changed his diaper. When he would wake up from naps, I would nurse him then change his diaper and put him on the potty. I figured if he gained some awareness of his bodily functions, I would consider this whole thing successful. He would also usually poop around the time of nursing...
wow- great information! these are definitely roomy cars with lots of creative ways of using them.   Here's another question for you all - how's the repair bills? I suspect that any general repairs like brakes, struts or whatever would be the same as any other Toyota in terms of price and the job being done by any general mechanic. Have you had any problems with the engine/"hybrid" parts that I suspect my mechanic wouldn't be familiar with? I'm guessing these problems...
I totally feel your pain too Neonalee. it looks like our LOs are about the same age and going through this same experience. I tried to get a good look at ds's mouth tonight and it looks like the two canines may be breaking through! (phew!) there are little dots that look like the start of his teeth. I may have felt one of the tips but i can't be sure. But yup, this has been going on for at least six weeks with on and off hard nights. I know these aren't over yet and there...
hi all, our 17mo son has always struggled with teething - is content during waking hours but the minute he stops to sleep or take naps, he seems to realize he's in pain and struggles fiercly to fall asleep and stay asleep. I still nurse him through the night when he wakes. when he seems to not be in too much discomfort, he's up twice through the night for 10 minutes and goes right back to sleep. His 4 eye teeth look like they're getting close to breaking through and...
I can't talk from experience here as I'm still nursing my 16 MO to sleep at night. He goes doen without milk for his nap. I plan to wean him from his connection between milk and sleep in the next few months and so have been giving it some thought. Iknow it will be rough when it happens, but my plan was to begin to establish a clear bedtime (or naptime for that matter) routine that still involves the milk - snuggles, music, reading a book or two. then the milk. My hope is...
me again. I have more information that I thought I'd share. I called our cloth diaper store and asked a few questions. Here is what they told me. She immediately asked how old my lo was and if he's teething his molars. It's her experience that their pee gets extra strong around the time they teeth molars - 12-18 months. So she encouraged me by saying it will pass. She suggested we use Rockin Green - overnight soak in hot water with 3 tablespoons of the stuff, then 2 full...
we're dealing with the same thing, but only with ds's overnight fitted Goodmama's. They are horrid and we're dealing with rashes/burns. I have switched to disposables until I get his resolved, and keep testing the fitted's. I've tried vinegar and a long, hot soak, then a regular wash. I have tried this a few times with no luck. I'm having a really hard time finding Calgon - none at the grocery store...I think I need to search around for it from the sounds of it! If I try...
wow! thanks for the information. From your presonal experience, Ellariesmom, I'd say we'd have no problem fitting what we need in a prius. The roof storage is definitely an option as well, which makes sense for when you need it. But for day to day use, sounds like a prius would fit our lives. what you list off as fitting in the trunk is impressive. The dog is usually at my feet in the front passenger seat these days (in a corolla or civic), but I like the idea of the...
hi all, I'll be soon looking for a new car and I am so drawn to the Toyota Prius as I love the idea of a hybrid car. We live pretty rurally and so we're in the car daily. I want to know that I'm having the least impact on the environment that I can. My hesitation with the Prius is that I worry its too small for a family - we have one LO right now and hope to have another soon. Everyone I know with one of these cars is middle aged and past the time in their lives where...
I had a lbs 10oz baby and we were using Fuzzy Bunz One Size diapers when he was about 10 days old...when his umbilical cord fell off. We used disposables before this. They worked with no problem for us, no leak problems. We were concerned that they may float on our LO but they were fine, just made for an extra fluffy bottom...extra soft to snuggle.  :)