or Connect

Posts by fullofhope08

I have thought many times in the last few months that babies really should be born with their teeth to save them, and us, all this hassle and crying. My 10 month old is also a slow and painful teether. He's been teething since October and finally cut his third tooth last night. same story - the tooth is right there for what seems like weeks but just won't cut through. It's so frustrating to see them in pain and not be able to make it better. Here's what works for us -...
thanks for these suggestions. I know the basics of homeopathy but get a little unsure about how to manage some of these situations that aren't so clear. one last question ( I hope) - what's the difference between salts and straight homeopathics and why are the salts better for daily doses?
Just curious if you find that ibuprofen works better than tylenol. I have held off giving my son any meds as I don't like the idea of him taking meds nightly  for weeks on end, which can be our reality. I tried tylenol the other night and he was still awake 2 hours later.  
Hi all, I have a basic understanding of homeopathy as I have taken a basic course on the subject. I have used remedies on myself over the past few years but it was always pretty straightforward and I could tell when things were or weren't working. So now I have a 9 month old son and am trying to help him with his teething by using homeopathics. I find I'm not sure what to do in some respects and am hoping someone has wisdom to share!   I have done the analysis of...
I was where you are 4 months ago. It's tough. My 8.5 month old ds now has 2 teeth to show for his efforts and all the crankiness and sleeplessness. here's what I've learned in the last 4 months. It does seem to get easier for them. While my son teethed for 2 months on and off before his first tooth arrived (not all babies do this, and I hope yours are more inclined to teeth for a week before they emerge). At first, he struggled badly with the pain. He eventually seemed...
8 month regression? really? hmmm...I'm really hoping that explains our current situation and it will get better! Just jumping in as I can relate. We have just gone from co-sleeping to my ds sleeping in his own crib. I can't say it has gone wonderfully but he is adjusting. I knew it would be rough initially. I have read some of the baby whisperer stuff and the NCSS. I agree that every baby is so unique. I initially started with one strategy but my methods have morphed...
We started solids shortly after my ds's 6 month birthday. He is now almost 7 months and so he's been eating solids for about 3 weeks. I was keen to try BLW with my little guy and also had purees made ahead of time and frozen. I must say BLW didn't go as well as I hoped - so much gagging that I didn't feel right in continuing with it. I was worried that eating would be so stressful for my ds that he would dislike the whole thing. We love food and the one hope I have for...
thanks for the great podcast Bostonbiologist! I really appreciated this info and I am going to email the link to our fertility clinic in the hopes they will be open to this when we return for additional attempts with FET/IVF.
Another sympathizer here...My DS is 6 months old. about a month and a half ago, his sleep changed to this same pattern - awake every 1-2 hours all night. so we've gone from waking up 2-3 times a night to 4-5 times. It's rough! My little guy's naps have improved in recent weeks - longer naps. But it hasn't improved his nighttime sleep. I have a copy of the No-Cry Sleep Solution on its way in the mail and I'm really hoping it makes a difference for us. If I had to guess...
We're about to start introducing solids at 6 months - this is so helpful! DS has been so curious about food - watching us eat or sucking on some foods like raw carrots. We plan to do some BLW but also some purees of fruits/veggies. So my question around cereals is whether you can give them simply cooked grains (oatmeal or some other grain cooked in the same fashion. I was thinking of amaranth or millet for the high iron content) at the age of 6 months. Everywhere I...