or Connect

Posts by moma justice

it is about 30 minutes away from my 31st birthday. my soon to be x hub is on his way to a city 4 hours away to sign a lease on a new apt. to be near his new job. in the last 11 years of my marriage i have been lied to, cussed at, manipulated, humiliated, hit, hurt, rejected, bullied, and made to feel like a total idiot. in truth, i am very smart and have always hoped that my husband would stop being an ass and just figure out how to give and recieve love in a...
don't be a fraid to outsource or homeschool with out being home very often.... my dd( 6.5) attends a very part time co-op school (3 mornings a week) while i have a paid position in the same co-op school. in the afternoons i work at an arts based afterschool program that is attended by ps kids and hs kids. i need to work and i feel very blessed that my jobs allow me to bring both children (ds is 2) and allow them to learn and explore and be social while i am being paid. ...
i agree with deborah...it is more the focus on the teacher setting the tone of sweet gentleness (down to the color of the walls being that light peachy pink and the idea of the soft apron being a place for a small child to snuggle into). my dd is in a waldorf k right now and she is the loudest kid in the class...she often bothers the other children. but learning how to all share work space respectfully and together as a community is a huge focus of that age, so it is all...
and it is driving me nuts. i do not mind him still nursing....and maybe he is trying to fight off all the nasty illnesses that have come thru this winter (his big sister has gotten sick a few times this year and he has only gotten one slight illness) he is such a sweet heart and i love him dearly...but it feels like i can not even sit down around him or he will "nurse his boo boos" all. day. long!!!!!!!!!! i teach at a morning school 3 mornings a week and at an...
thanks!
thanks for pointing me to rainbow reasources and homeschool classifieds very helpful nak
so it sounds like you could very well learn it all just fine with only the work book? am i right?
sorry for the confusion! she is happy often and thriving in many ways, but for all her growth in some ways, i see her deeply brainy side being under challenged. perhaps a cd rom program i could purchase (she loves to use the computer as i cook dinner) would be helpful. i think a few extra things that i could just let her loose with would fix it.
thank you miranda! i am already ordering a singapore math that we will slip in at homework time at our arts based afterschool program job i work at and she attends with me. i think she will like feeling like all the other kids with homework to do too! and there is a low kid to teacher ratio at this point so i can work with her as needed at that time. i am starting with 1b although it looks like she will already know most of it. there are a few holes in her...
she is not asking for more, but i sense an unmet need. i am not a total waldorf-er in that i do not think that ALL small children should NOT have formal learning. but i did think that a little more focus on just learning how to be a blanced and functional child would be helpful, and it has been. and to the daytripper75 post, the other posters are correct we live in a rurual area and can not afford private school. so our options for formal schooling our very limited. ...