or Connect

Posts by moma justice

thank you for your thoughts!
i am a newbie, this is the first big purchase like this i have ever made. money is an issue for us. i think that singapore math is a good fit and that my dd will be a good fit for the 1-b level. now for my ?s: do i have to buy the text book, work book, and home instructor's guide book for it to really make sense to her. she is a super fast learner.... does anyone have a used instructor's home guide i could buy? is the text book consumable? thanks so much!
i have a very gifted child, she is 6.5 and reading on a college level. she has a lot of higher level math concepts and has had no real math or reading instruction (beyond me just being a "good mom" and doing all the cool stuff we do). we have not done any musical instruction...either. she thinks she knows everything, and quite often she is correct in her thoughts! she is self taught etc. we have done homeschool co-ops mostly for her to just get to learn how to relate...
wow guys, i guess this subject brings out the momma bear in ALL of us, it just shows up in different ways. well, first to update. the teacher and the chair of the co-op board have both talked to eachother, myself, and the BOY'S family all weekend, off and on. today we had our meeting, the boy's family was supposed to meet with the teacher and chair before our big group meeting and have a discussion about boy's acts and the plans for the conseqences etc. one of the...
i suspect that my own daughter may be slightly on the spectrum too, and she is quite frankly often the ONE child that is more likely to have agressive grabby behaviors. but this little boy who bit her is just so much more...the only word that comes to mind is capable of EVIL. i have seen him just really hurt other children for no real reason. i guess i am going to go to the meeting and ask thathe be removed from the co-op. and if they say no, i will have my daughter...
all good thoughts, thank you. dakota's mom, i hear you! we had a full term still born baby a few years ago and then i got pregnant again right away...my dd was nuts from all the loss and fear and stress and my lack of ability to cope and focus in on her. her behavior totally showed it all, and sometimes still does. however, we went to family counseling for almost 2 years and we someone who does other healing work with her now. i ask her teacher EVERY day how she did...
thanks for the support! the last time he really hurt my daughter, he threw a ball really hard at close range right at her eye, i wrote a long letter to the teacher and the board asking that we as a school refer them to a family counselor. no one did and he continued to improve with less and less violence, so i think the suggestion was over looked. but yes, i do think that he needs real help and more than a teacher can give him in the context of a school day setting. ...
thanks soulcakes, my husband did take pictures. he is really pissed.
yes his parents have been confronted, they are unwilling to call it anything but normal, we have a incident reports with each date, time, and details from all of his acts of violence. and yes, thank you for reframing it that all of the children must be safe and school is responsible for that above all. i have considered having a parent attend with him, but they seem to be a trigger for his attacks in that i suspect he is acting out for attention and trying to get them...
so there is a very violent child who attends our waldorf co-op school (we meet 3 mornings a week) . he has seriously hurt most of the children in his class. my daughter is in his class and her teacher is amazing. this child is going thru a very tough time (his parents are divorcing and getting remarried right away, and i do not think they are really involved with him emotionally) and the teacher is working with him to help him mature thru this without acting out. there...