or Connect

Posts by moma justice

hi i lived in asheville many many years ago, but we just moved back last week. i would really love to find some mommas (home schooling even better) that live in the bat cave area...i don't want to drive all the way to town just to play. anyone?? thanks!
i agree that even your oldest kid is too young too attempt to much forced learning time. try and find things that everyone enjoys that you can throw a few concepts into. if it helps you can decide on a few of what teachers call BENCHMARK goals per month and sneak them in during family fun time as much as possible: for example if some 1st grade bench mark goals are to (all this should be on line under your state's public school sight under the standard course of...
i have a dd, and she loves american girl, little house on the prairie, and altho i am not crazy about the magic tree house, it is a way to at least intro into a lot of time periods and places. HTH oh and national geographic for kids has a web sight with some cool history games and maps to print, all for free.
i second starfall.com , it is HOW my dd learned to read. and my 1.5 yr old son loves to watch her do it. and as far as making friends with other kids go, we LOVE child trades. we befriended a few families that we like and trust who also homeschool (and a few who do not) and we take turns watching each other's kids for a few hours a few times a week. like today, my friend picked up my 5 yr old dd and took her with her to go pick up her daughter from school (an...
thank you!!!! i did let her nurse this morning when my ds wanted to in bed and she asked too and they LOVED it...so i did too....i do not see myself letting her often, and i am hoping that she doesn't ask as much...but it really helped all of us connect... so maybe my dread of it was worse than the actual reality of a 5 yr old on my boob! and i also just needed to hear that a 5yr old on the boob was not (by nature) a "bad" or dangerous thing.
so my dd self weaned at about 2.5 years old...we all got stomach flus and she just quit asking. during that time i was pregnant at the very end of that pregnancy she started asking every now and then to nurse, she was about 3....and it felt so uncomfortable for me...it was summer and hot and we were living in GA and i just felt like i might crawl out of my skin. and she was pretty ok about me saying no, as it had been 6 months since she had really nursed. i told...
i am moving there more and more. i just read the web sight.... my sister practically cured her son of autism (post vax...he was adopted and she had no choice) by following this diet with him. my kids have all kinds of spectrum stuff and i have arthritis and bloating and SUGAR ADDICTION. used to be grains to in a big way, but i have fazed that out over the last year...now sugar. anyway i am subbing, and looking for support and info on the paleo diet during the...
with dd 1 it was 3 mo pp!!!! we were all shocked! now with ds it is so much longer.
my ds is 13 months...this is so much longer than i have ever waited before getting my moon back. i do bf a lot because he is not into eating solids so much. i just wondered...how long can you go pp waiting for it to return?
granted, i was 245 the week i gave birth to my son, so part of that was my pregnancy....but it was also 100 pounds heavier than i am now. i gained about 60 pounds with my first dd and never lost the last 15 pounds before i got pregnant again...that next baby was my still born daughter, Rain. which i gained 70 pounds with. i after i lost her i had a very very hard time loosing weight, with out being able to bf and i was SO depressed i did a lot of emotional...